England Flags - patriotic or chavvy?

Patriotic or Chavvy?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Patriotic or Chavvy?

• Patriotic
    • Chavvy

Just wait, it'll soon be fairylights in the frame again ... it won't be long until December :)

That's a good comparison, but again people don't adorn their properties with Christmas lights in October just as a protest at others who believe they have a higher brow :)

Just come back from greece and greek the flag is everywhere as was the Turkish flag when i went there and the Tunisian flag in Tunisia, everyone seems proud to fly their countrys flag.

The trouble with the St Georges cross is that it has been hijacked by BNP /EDL and other racist groups.

Lets reclaim the flag from racist scum and we should all fly one !!!!

Chavvy or not the English flag, is The english flag,

and no way are you or anyone else gonna stop people

flying it, wearing it, or kissing it.

Just be proud of it.:)

I wouldn't want to stop them. I like patriotism but it seems that soem people can only be patriotic when our national football side are in a major tornament.

I wouldn't want to stop them. I like patriotism but it seems that soem people can only be patriotic when our national football side are in a major tornament.
Be fair, slim. People can't be flying car flags all year round. It'd be too samey and no sense of occasion, don't you think?

Perhaps we could have car flag etiquette.

1. St George's Day - St George Cross

2. World Cup - England flag

4. Olympics - Union flag

5. Yorkshire Day - Yorkshire flag

4. Birthdays - It's My Birthday!

5. Christmas - Something with lights run off the car battery!

I'd love to see the rush hour, with all vehicles beflagged tooling down the Parkway or Bochum Parkway, flags flying, like knights going into battle! That'd be a sight to see!:D

Great I say, they ought to be compulsory!

I thought they were in some areas. You know the areas where shell suits were compulsory a few years ago, and of course all down the hard shoulders of motorways..

Be fair, slim. People can't be flying car flags all year round. It'd be too samey and no sense of occasion, don't you think?

Perhaps we could have car flag etiquette.

1. St George's Day - England flag

2. World Cup - England flag

4. Olympics - England flag

5. Yorkshire Day - Yorkshire flag

4. Birthdays - It's My Birthday!

5. Christmas - Something with lights run off the car battery!

I'd love to see the rush hour, with all vehicles beflagged tooling down the Parkway or Bochum Parkway, flags flying, like knights going into battle! That'd be a sight to see!:D

I'd go with that, except at the Olympics when our athletes represent the United Kingdom - and carry the Union flag at the opening ceremony. ;)

And for all the patriots, here's a link to a group of people who really celebrate Englishness, and fly flags: http://www.royalsocietyofstgeorge.com/index2.htm

Archived