England Flags - patriotic or chavvy?

Patriotic or Chavvy?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Patriotic or Chavvy?

• Patriotic
    • Chavvy

Sadly, the only country the flag wavers are supporting is China, where I suspect these flags are produced. I expect the Chinese government is very thankful for all the extra work and money the Word Cup is giving their economy.

Theres a hell of a lot more than flags that we import into this country of ours, we manufacture very little here these days, so a few flags ain't gonna make much difference !

Mind you that great british industry called tesco are cashing in !

I think it's chavvy only if the flags have the name in.....would just indicate that their a bit dumb.

I have to agree. The flag in itself is not chavvy, it's just a flag. If your flag says 'England', 'In ger land', The name of any newspaper or other company on it, then you are most likely a chav.

I have to agree. The flag in itself is not chavvy, it's just a flag. If your flag says 'England', 'In ger land', The name of any newspaper or other company on it, then you are most likely a chav.

Why does having England on a flag make it chavvy ?

I fail to understand some of the reasoning for calling things chavvy, does it make people feel superior :huh:

-sigh- more flags are chavvy sh*t? I'm only 19 but I'm sure there once was a day a lass or fella could fly an England flag outside their home and no one would care to even question it, or call him chavvy, infact some would respect them for showing their support... these days you're a chav if you think about putting a flag on your car, have the buntin around your house, or a couple of flags in your home windows. It's quite annoying and sad to see actually. Even if you don't like football, don't care about the world cup, and couldn't care less if the England team were controversialy kicked out of the cup... if I'm flying the flag on my car or outside my home, I don't want to listen to you moan about it, or call me a chav.

I'm also sick and tired of people saying they're hung on chavvy cars. If youd take the time to actually look at the cars the flags are one, god forbid you glance at the driver, you will find they're mostly on family cars, ones which mums and dads drive. I've seen no end of saloons and MPV's with the flags on.

Why does having England on a flag make it chavvy ?

I fail to understand some of the reasoning for calling things chavvy, does it make people feel superior :huh:

Because the flag is indicative of its origins. Do your children walk around with a name tag?

As the uber-chav, I'm ashamed to admit I didn't even know that you could get car flags without 'England' on them. The warehouse only had those, really good quality ones though. Strong fabric, stitched on all edges, nice strong sticks.

I'd be interested to know whether other countries taking part have car flags and if so, whether they have the name of the country on them? One of you opinionated know-it-alls informed people must know, surely? :hihi:

I didn't think it would somehow..

Ahh another superior being, so whats your problem with an england flag having 'England' or anything emblazoned across it, does it really bother you or are you just trying to be a snob ?

I didn't think it would somehow..
You're just splitting hairs now. You've made your pitch for car flags, and flags in general, being chavvy, so stick to it. Don't start making provisos and hedging it about with caveats, have the courage of your convictions, man. Get some backbone!

Archived