England Flags - patriotic or chavvy?

Patriotic or Chavvy?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Patriotic or Chavvy?

• Patriotic
    • Chavvy

Just a question...why do you think a large minority fly the flag and adorn their houses in the North of Sheffield as opposed to very small minority in the South of Sheffield. I'm not guessing here it is actually an observation.

Does it matter, who flys the flag and where, it's their choice and they have chosen to do so because of the world cup, or do you being such an observant person think there is something more to it ?

It just seems somewhat less patriotic if you have to explain which countries flag it is. I'm all for getting behind the England team, they'll need all the help they can get! :hihi:
It's not to do with it being the flag of the country, has it? It's for the team?

I'm for the car flags more because I realise it annoys the petty snobs with nothing to be snobbish about, than because I actually care. It's just an outward manifestation of my inner troll, I guess :evil:

I love the idea of people sitting steaming in their cars in the rushhour, getting agitated and desperate to get home to post on SF, because the guy in the car in front is flying the flag! It really amuses me.

Does it matter, who flys the flag and where, it's their choice and they have chosen to do so because of the world cup, or do you being such an observant person think there is something more to it ?

Fgs I asked you a question based on observation. If you haven't made the observation then move on if you can't or wont answer. Does the observation not interest you in the least? It's what we do as humans..question these little anomalies.

Personally I don't care who does or doesn't fly a flag....doesn't mean I'm not interested in the reasoning or psychology behind it though.

It's not to do with it being the flag of the country, has it? It's for the team?

I'm for the car flags more because I realise it annoys the petty snobs with nothing to be snobbish about, than because I actually care. It's just an outward manifestation of my inner troll, I guess :evil:

I love the idea of people sitting steaming in their cars in the rushhour, getting agitated and desperate to get home to post on SF, because the guy in the car in front is flying the flag! It really amuses me.

I agree, anyone who is annoyed or angry because other people want to have car flags needs help.

Fgs I asked you a question based on observation. If you haven't made the observation then move on if you can't or wont answer. Does the observation not interest you in the least? It's what we do as humans..question these little anomalies.

Personally I don't care who does or doesn't fly a flag....doesn't mean I'm not interested in the reasoning or psychology behind it though.

I also made an observation but it was contradictory to yours

Just goes to show that there really is no difference between north and south Sheffield

I agree, anyone who is annoyed or angry because other people want to have car flags needs help.

That's true, I can imagine a situation where people are offended by England flag fliers because they're only flying the flag because they're offended by people who are offended by it...phew!

Get a life and make your mind up, earlier you posted this on the thread, your being an arse really :thumbsup:

Many different reasons for flying the flag I suppose. Trying to read the reasoning's behind the individual doesn't seem that important to me.

For me to fly one I would need a reason...I don't therefore I don't fly one.

Now what's it to be FGS, if you don't care what's your point, there are flags all over the bloody place, I don't go round counting em, take a trip out into some of the townships and villages, what's your theory on their flag flying habits...jeeez ?

That's true, I can imagine a situation where people are offended by England flag fliers because they're only flying the flag because they're offended by people who are offended by it...phew!

Ive read it three times BF :confused: but am gonna have to look at it a little more I think :lol:

Archived