Do England's football players have to be English ?

The players should be English for sure..........don't think it would be fair to say they would have to be born here......I don't think Terry Butcher would have wanted to play for Singapore........

While ideally the coaching staff should be English I think the reality is that it is good they can get the best man for the job.

If England lose to Italy on penalties in the knockout stages I might not say the same.

I ask because I can't see this lot being very enthusiastic about England winning the World Cup.

Manager - Fabio Capello

General manager - Franco Baldini

Assistant manager - Italo Galbiati

Goalkeeping coach - Franco Tancredi

Fitness coach - Massimo Neri

And no language coach :hihi:

I think when Capello starts selecting junior league Italians for the England side, you might have a point GB ;)

But as far as I can see his current squad of players are all English born & bred, so they shouldn't have a problem with motivation, assuming they're bright enough to be so motivated :)

I think when Capello starts selecting junior league Italians for the England side, you might have a point GB ;)

But as far as I can see his current squad of players are all English born & bred, so they shouldn't have a problem with motivation, assuming they're bright enough to be so motivated :)

Well that many Italians mentoring our national football side just seems a bit 'Irish' to me :D

Well that many Italians mentoring our national football side just seems a bit 'Irish' to me :D

Yes, seems a bit ****-eyed to me too, but then I've no idea how the management of international football teams work, is the day to day coaching down to Italians or English coaches?

Archived