Small business idea? what do you think

I was thinking of advertising as a small jobs/diy lady, mainly for pensioners and women, Someone who can do all the small figgly jobs or gardening, hanging curtain poles, putting up flat packs etc, All the small jobs that some people cant do themselves but dont want to ring a joiner/builder as they fear the price, I was going to post leaflets locally at first and not charge stupid prices for doing things, I thought as a woman the older generation may trust me more and feel safer, obviously there is a safety issue for myself to consider, A young woman going into strangers houses etc. Im good at diy,decorating,gardening etc and I love doing it. What do you think? would there be any interest in this? Thanks Sarah

I'm not elderly yet, but I am female and I could be interested in something like that. I just never seem to have much time to get round to doing those odd jobs.

Infact, if you're good at wallpapering, I'd be interested in a price!

Back to the main question, I think there could definitely be room for you in the market. It might help you along to get yourself CRB checked/approved - you could then use that as a marketing extra.

Do you have any neighbours, friends, family you could approach - most tradesmen are successful by word of mouth.

Certainly worth looking into I'm sure, and good luck!

Thanks Bananasplit, thats what I mean, A job that needs doing but some people just never have the time, busy at work or busy looking after there family, Or theres some people, like my sister that just cant do it lol. Please pm details of where in sheffield you are and details of the job and Ill let you know, Thanks Sarah

I was thinking of advertising as a small jobs/diy lady, mainly for pensioners and women, Someone who can do all the small figgly jobs or gardening, hanging curtain poles, putting up flat packs etc, All the small jobs that some people cant do themselves but dont want to ring a joiner/builder as they fear the price, I was going to post leaflets locally at first and not charge stupid prices for doing things, I thought as a woman the older generation may trust me more and feel safer, obviously there is a safety issue for myself to consider, A young woman going into strangers houses etc. Im good at diy,decorating,gardening etc and I love doing it. What do you think? would there be any interest in this? Thanks Sarah

I don't think you would have to worry too much about your own safety, after all you know who they are and where they live.

A website may be useful. I can recommend the person who did mine.

http://www.epublishingonline.co.uk

I think there would be a call for that sort of thing - especially if you were reliable and turned up when you said you would!!! So many people seem to have problems finding someone reliable to do the "small" jobs.

Don't forget you'll need to get yourself some liability insurance before you start.

Archived