Is Qat(Khat) Illegal?

Yeah, there was a fascinating documentary made by Al Jazeera called Khat Barons of Sheffield about the trade amongst Yemenis here. It's well worth a watch and it's on Youtube -

A decent watch with a hint of the shisha scene. Surprised to see a 'senior? nhs manager' smoking openly in a public building though. The film was uploaded to youtube a year after the ban, I wonder when it was filmed?

At least there are still a good few places still ignoring the smoking ban!

Possesion/consumption was made illegal as of 2005.

Class A they are now. Not that it really matters to anyone.

Are you sure that consumption is illegal? It's always been possession of drugs that has been illegal in this country, apart from when it comes to driving under the influence as with alcohol.

I don't know when the Al Jazeera documentary was made and couldn't find out by searching online. I think the tobacco smoking is the least interesting aspect of the documentary.

Are you sure that consumption is illegal? It's always been possession of drugs that has been illegal in this country, apart from when it comes to driving under the influence as with alcohol.

I don't know when the Al Jazeera documentary was made and couldn't find out by searching online. I think the tobacco smoking is the least interesting aspect of the documentary.

Well, you have to possess to consume.

No, it's illegal to dry them or to possess dried mushrooms.

You MAY possess them fresh.

You MAY consume them.

You may NOT dry them

You may NOT possess them dried.

You are (of course)(I assume) an expert on mushrooms?

Watch what you eat.

If I were an expert on them I wouldn't have asked the question would I?

Archived