Is cannabis legal

NO it should be upgraded to a class A drug like heroin and cocaine. only then will we see cannabis dealers locked up for very long sentences.

we need to target the cannabis dealers ,and stop the supply of dope, not make it legal.

Practically everyone who has smoked it, has dealt it. Passing a joint is 'dealing'.

If we turfed everyone out of prison and used the entire prison capacity to house people for the simple crime of possession of cannabis we'd have to fit 200+ people in each cell which is physically impossible.

With a staff:prisoner ratio of 1:2 we would need over half the working age population to work for the prison service. However, half of the working age population would need to be locked up for previous cannabis crime.

Considering only certain nationalities can be employed too and the high staff turnover it would be a logistical nightmare, not to mention physically impossible.

Also with nobody employed in any other industry, we'd have quite a few problems. Not to mention having to release every other criminal to make way for the potheads.

Practically everyone who has smoked it, has dealt it. Passing a joint is 'dealing'.

If we turfed everyone out of prison and used the entire prison capacity to house people for the simple crime of possession of cannabis we'd have to fit 200+ people in each cell which is physically impossible.

With a staff:prisoner ratio of 1:2 we would need over half the working age population to work for the prison service. However, half of the working age population would need to be locked up for previous cannabis crime.

Considering only certain nationalities can be employed too and the high staff turnover it would be a logistical nightmare, not to mention physically impossible.

Also with nobody employed in any other industry, we'd have quite a few problems. Not to mention having to release every other criminal to make way for the potheads.

So, pointless making it illegal then if it cant be policed , and it isn't policed, is it?

NO it should be upgraded to a class A drug like heroin and cocaine. only then will we see cannabis dealers locked up for very long sentences.

we need to target the cannabis dealers ,and stop the supply of dope, not make it legal.

What a spectacularly stupid idea. See post no 21 for just a few of the reasons why.......

What a spectacularly stupid idea. See post no 21 for just a few of the reasons why.......

Why ?

are you in favour of drug dealers then ?

are you in favour of our streets being awash with drugs ?

Granted , our prisons are over flowing , BUT over flowing with the wrong people .

we shouldn`t be locking people up for crimes like fraud, non payment of council tax , tv licence, etc.

those sentences would be better served working in the community ,seeing as these people are not a danger to the public.

this would free up prison space for cannabis dealers to be imprisoned so they cant peddle their drugs .

Why ?

Because it would criminalise a huge section of the population.

are you in favour of drug dealers then ?

are you in favour of our streets being awash with drugs ?

I'm in favour of people being free to choose which drugs they would like to use.

Granted , our prisons are over flowing , BUT over flowing with the wrong people .

we shouldn`t be locking people up for crimes like fraud, non payment of council tax , tv licence, etc.

those sentences would be better served working in the community ,seeing as these people are not a danger to the public.

this would free up prison space for cannabis dealers to be imprisoned so they cant peddle their drugs .

I agree that by and large the kins of people you mention shouldn't be imprisoned.

But why are you so adamant that dopesmokers should replace them?

Nearly all the dopesmokers I know are honest reliable, hardworking people who otherwise obey the law. Why should they go to jail?

Cannabis is illegal.

Cannabis contains cannabinoids which are legal if used as medicine.

As specific preparations only

If a strain of cannabis contains medicinal cannabinoids.

Is that strain of cannabis legal if you use it as a medicine?

No.

But to be honest, does it really matter? Now that it has been decriminalised, it will eventually be legalised. Just carry on as usual. I reckon a Smokey Bear picnic would do really well up here.

i said cannabis dealers should be serving long prison sentences .

I know - why? If my friend passes a joint to me that makes him liable to go to jail - why would you want that to happen?

What do you think would be gained by making it class A?

I know - why? If my friend passes a joint to me that makes him liable to go to jail - why would you want that to happen?

What do you think would be gained by making it class A?

by making it class A ,the courts would have far greater sentencing powers and able to impose very long jail tariffs, getting these cannabis dealers off our streets .

Archived