Is cannabis legal

by making it class A ,the courts would have far greater sentencing powers and able to impose very long jail tariffs, getting these cannabis dealers off our streets .

Yes, but why? Why do you think anybody who ever gives or sells anyone any dope should go to prison?

Can anyone answer my question..?

It is policed - erratically. THe police certainly don't seem to be in the habit of arresting any and every person they see smoking a joint, but they do try to target growing operations with some success.

Because it would criminalise a huge section of the population.

I'm in favour of people being free to choose which drugs they would like to use.

I agree that by and large the kins of people you mention shouldn't be imprisoned.

But why are you so adamant that dopesmokers should replace them?

Nearly all the dopesmokers I know are honest reliable, hardworking people who otherwise obey the law. Why should they go to jail?

Not to mention the huge brain drain!

But to be honest, does it really matter? Now that it has been decriminalised, it will eventually be legalised. Just carry on as usual. I reckon a Smokey Bear picnic would do really well up here.

I have never heard of those before but just googled it, very interesting, I wonder how SYP would cope?

by making it class A ,the courts would have far greater sentencing powers and able to impose very long jail tariffs, getting these cannabis dealers off our streets .

I don't want cannabis dealers off the streets though, otherwise where would I get my cannabis?

Archived