Sylvesters closed down (again!)

iano

That building has closed, it's apparently moving. The owner didn't like the building, as it was too small and I think he might of been having a bit of trouble with the owner/manager of Platillo's, the bar next to it. So far I've no idea where it's moving to, just somewhere bigger! So it will be back :)

Doesn't suprise me - and I see they have taken Sylvesters patio area already so must be happy. Hope the new venue does ale - fingers crossed.

• 3 weeks later...
That building has closed, it's apparently moving. The owner didn't like the building, as it was too small and I think he might of been having a bit of trouble with the owner/manager of Platillo's, the bar next to it. So far I've no idea where it's moving to, just somewhere bigger! So it will be back :)

Hi Folks

Just to set the record straight, i'm one of the owners/managers of Platillos and i believe this post refers to me.

We always had a positive relationship with Vernon, we did however accidentally cause water damage due to a faulty cistern, but this was claimed through insurance and settled in Sylvester's favor.

There are plenty of rumors about us putting Sylvester's out of business, none are true, even the new Toast Magazine reports that we flooded them 17 times! It would be interesting to find out where they get their stories from?

As independents, we know how hard it is to operate and definitely do not want to see local guys go out of business. In relation to us using the terrace, the unit is no longer occupied, and we took advantage of the weather for the first & second weekend of closure.

I hope this helps clear things up!

Craig.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Folks

Toast Magazine reports that we flooded them 17 times! It would be interesting to find out where they get their stories from?

Craig.

No. No, we didn't.

Read it again, Craig. You weren't mentioned.

Story came from John at Sylvester's.

Cheers.

Archived