Sylvesters closed down (again!)

iano

We were booked in on Monday night (only booked it last Thurs), turned up half an hour early to find all was in darkness, waited an hour, left a note and despite several phonecalls ... nobody has had the decency to call me. So yes, probably closed down. This was a groupon, so we had already paid too.....

We were booked in on Monday night (only booked it last Thurs), turned up half an hour early to find all was in darkness, waited an hour, left a note and despite several phonecalls ... nobody has had the decency to call me. So yes, probably closed down. This was a groupon, so we had already paid too.....

Phone groupon and they'll give you your money back immediately... You're not out of pocket...

I was booked in for yesterday lunchtime with a groupon voucher. Turned up and no one was there, all locked up, lights off. Definately looks like it had shut down. Technically out of pocket on bus fare, but found other stuff to do in town, so no real loss there.

The owners are still to blame. They take down your number when you book - so why not call up and let people know they have closed instead of letting people down? Could also easily update their website to say they have closed, or contact groupon to contact the customers. It's just plain lazy and rude.

Atleast we know to stay well clear if these decide to open up again.

Phone groupon and they'll give you your money back immediately... You're not out of pocket...

As far as I know, groupon will only refund you as a credit, even if you are not the one at fault. So you're not out of pocket, but you do have to re-spend it on another groupon.

Sylvesters appears to have closed down, anybody know why? Always seemed to be busy although I only went in at the weekends. Loved the music policy, will be sadly missed if it is shut for good :(

we booked a table last week for Friday 14th September, when we got there it was in darkness and we were told they had closed down. Shame considering we had a groupon paid £18 for, anyone else got a groupon I am trying to get our money back £36 we bought two, one for a present.

Archived