Sylvesters closed down (again!)

iano

Oh no. When did this happen? I bought a voucher from LivingSocial a while back and never got a chance to use it! They did sell a lot of them and wondered how they could afford to do all them meals for a tenner. The voucher was for two main courses and two drinks. Looks like it was a bad move for them.

Oh no. When did this happen? I bought a voucher from LivingSocial a while back and never got a chance to use it! They did sell a lot of them and wondered how they could afford to do all them meals for a tenner. The voucher was for two main courses and two drinks. Looks like it was a bad move for them.

Recently, you werent missing anything, we went and it was awful with no atmosphere. Groupon i believe give you your money back in credit so maybe livingsocial will do the same :)

Went for a groupon meal there. Not at all suprised it's closed. It couldn't seem to work out whether it was a restaurant or a nightclub, atmosphere was lacking, staff were odd -presenting us with food as soon as we got there, but not telling us that it was a set menu - and the food itself was nothing special.

Went for a groupon meal there. Not at all suprised it's closed. It couldn't seem to work out whether it was a restaurant or a nightclub, atmosphere was lacking, staff were odd -presenting us with food as soon as we got there, but not telling us that it was a set menu - and the food itself was nothing special.

Oh dear. Looks like I'm not missing out on anythingthen. I have phoned LivingSocial to tell them I coudn't get through and they said neither could they. They are going to keep trying and give me a refund if no joy. Looks like a refund then.

Sorry to hear about the people who will need refunds for vouchers purchased, i hope you get the refund asap. I’ve not heard anything great about Sylvester’s since it re-opened.

I used to love the bar they had in Leopold square, good offers, lovely music and atmosphere. Then again I don’t think they did food apart from nibbles back then. A real shame.

• 3 weeks later...
Bought a Groupon for a meal at Sylvesters in Sheffield, booked a table a few weeks ago, went tonight and the place was shut! Does anyone know whether this place has closed down?

Yes it has, shut down last week sometime.

Archived