Should only attractive men be allowed to donate sperm?

It all seems very risky... you never know what you'll get. :suspect:

but for people who cant have a child any other way its a risk to be taken, a child is the most precious thing in life and if born from donated spem then that man should be praised for what his done not judged on his looks as most people have something about them that could be deemed an ugly feature

but for people who cant have a child any other way its a risk to be taken, a child is the most precious thing in life and if born from donated spem then that main should be praised for what his done not judged on his looks as most people have something about them that could be deemed an ugly feature

For the record, here's my opinion; I think everyone who wants to should be able to donate sperm, BUT I think that ALL their physical and medical information, including a photo should be included in the record. Everyone finds different characteristics and colours beautiful and that way there are no big surprises. :D

For the record, here's my opinion; I think everyone who wants to should be able to donate sperm, BUT I think that ALL their physical and medical information, including a photo should be included in the record. Everyone finds different characteristics and colours beautiful and that way there are no big surprises. :D

I'm of the opposite opinion, to a degree...ner!

Hmm to be honest though i would really think that seeing a photo of what the sperm shooter looked like is likely to have no effect on what a baby would look like, for example i have ginger hair and the only other person in my family line that did in 4 generations back, my brother is 6"2 despite our dad being 5"8 my sister has one hell of a massive nose despite me mum and dad having average sized ones, plus seeing a photo could lead someone to identify the donor when there names are supposed to be kept secret untill a child born of his sperm turns 18, i know some really ugly people who have produced the most stuning beautiful girls and extreamly good looking lads, so would really think excluding donor's because of cosmetic reasons would be a bad idea given the massive shortage of sperm donor's already

I can see the reasoning behind that, but do you not think that everyone will want the European ideal?

Archived