How do you deal with anger?

Mo

When you are really bursting a blood vessel how do you deal with it?

Are you the sort of person who screams and shouts and throws things around?

Do you wander off to be alone or are you a sulker?

Me, I have to say what I feel. Theres nothing like getting things out in the open in order to clear the air.

I often get irritated but very rarely do I get angry.

i'm afraid i throw things and slam doors. tell people very bluntly what i think and then sometimes cry and want to be alone.

i once told a therapist about this and they assured me that it is a normal reaction because i am a passionate person.

Anger is a tough call

I have all sorts of reactions but rarely any that are directed at the person responsible for creating it

1. I moan and whinge and carry on like mad to pals about how unjust it all is and how tearingly angry I am

2. I plot and plan all sorts of pithy reponses and wonderful revenges

3. I darent do any of them because it cant ever be undone afterwards and we will never get over it, me and the person who made me angry (I think anyway, maybe wrongly?)

4. I sleep on it and then it "dont feel so bad"

I would love to be really angry with the person who deserves it, face to face, at least once, but so far, and to my shame, the only person I ever dared be truly angry with is my Mother, although thankfully not recently, because I know we will always love each other no matter what

Great thread, thanks

I shouted at the wall for about 10 minutes one day last week and said all the things I wanted to say at a meeting I was supposed to go to the next day but didn't.

It made me feel better but also made me cry a lot.

I don't often get angry. I'm scared of angry.

Archived