Has wild garlic become more prevalent?

Can't say I've noticed more this year than in previous years. It favours old established woodlands, in shady places and along river banks. Maybe you've been going to these places more often in the past few years. Or, maybe it was everywhere but you've only begun to notice it more now you know what it is.

I didn't know what Sweet Cicely was until about 10 years ago but now I recognise it everywhere I go around Sheffield.

Can't say I've noticed more this year than in previous years. It favours old established woodlands, in shady places and along river banks. Maybe you've been going to these places more often in the past few years. Or, maybe it was everywhere but you've only begun to notice it more now you know what it is.

I did wonder that, but I'm a creature of habit and I've been visting the same places for years.

I've noticed it the other day whilst driving through the Peak District, when the car was filled with the unmistakeable aroma of garlic several times. Of course it could be that more people than ever are cooking with garlic.

I didn't know what Sweet Cicely was until about 10 years ago but now I recognise it everywhere I go around Sheffield.

Now, Sweet Cicely I've known since forever, but never knew its name until I just looked it up:hihi: I love that smell, I didn't know it was edible though.

Has wild garlic become more prevalent in recent years?

I'd never noticed it let alone smelled it until a few years ago, now it seems to be every where and in great abundance.

Yes l believe it is, l go on walks to various places and it is indeed spreading like wildfire,a bit scary really,remember a film about plants taking over the world?:D

Archived