Car load sensing valve

Guest brownd95

Guest brownd95

hi everyone,

i have a renault clio 1.2 8v mk2 w reg. i took it for an MOT at the weekend and it failed on a seized load sensing valve linkage. i have got under the car and sprayed it with wd40 and used a pair of grips move the linkage.

now my question is " how loose should the linkage be?" i can move the linkage up and down the pin with the grips with some freedom bearing in mind it is a component connected to a spring. should this now pass the MOT??

please help

thanks

brownd95

it should do, it's meant to move when you put more weight in the back of a car - that is going to put more force on it than a pair of mole grips will.

grease it properly though, WD40 is a water displacement product, not a lubricant or freeing agent.

it should do, it's meant to move when you put more weight in the back of a car - that is going to put more force on it than a pair of mole grips will.

grease it properly though, WD40 is a water displacement product, not a lubricant or freeing agent.

Beg to differ but extract from WD40 website::

FIVE PRODUCTS IN ONE - THE 5 FUNCTIONS

WD40 Top Tips wd40 can : IMAGE: WD40 can 200ml

* CLEANS: WD-40 gets under dirt, marks and grease making it easy to wipe away. It also dissolves adhesives, allowing easy removal of labels, tape, and stickers

* PROTECTS: WD-40 protects metal surfaces with corrosion-resistant ingredients to shield against moisture and other corrosive elements

* LUBRICATES: WD-40's lubricating ingredients are widely dispersed and hold firmly to all moving parts

* PENETRATES: WD-40 loosens rust-to-metal bonds and frees stuck, frozen or rusted metal parts

* DISPLACES MOISTURE: Because WD-40 displaces moisture, it quickly dries out electrical systems to eliminate moisture-induced short circuits. Turn the power off before you spray

Also see:: http://www.wd40.co.uk/media/images/a/8/LIST_OF_2_000_USES.pdf

hi everyone,

i have a renault clio 1.2 8v mk2 w reg. i took it for an MOT at the weekend and it failed on a seized load sensing valve linkage. i have got under the car and sprayed it with wd40 and used a pair of grips move the linkage.

now my question is " how loose should the linkage be?" i can move the linkage up and down the pin with the grips with some freedom bearing in mind it is a component connected to a spring. should this now pass the MOT??

please help

thanks

brownd95

Dont know,but wont they charge you again to retest it as you have taken the car out of the garage and repaired it yourself rather than the garage do it and retest for free?

Is this thread about WD40?...... If the linkage is movable and the rear brakes dont work sufficiently to stop the rear wheels when in test it is very likely the valve reamins closed and no extra brake fluid is available to the actuator(discs or drums). So either cut ot out and pipe thro directly or replace it. Hope that helps.

• 3 years later...

I have the same problem with my 1998 Clio Grande RN 1.2 8v. Failed the MOT on a lot of little things but the brake load sensing valve was one of the things on the list. Has anyone got a part number please? Cheers

The load sensing valve can not be bypassed if the car was made with one it must be there to pass the MOT you may have freed it off with the w/d but the pistons in the valve may still be stuck,get under the car and get someone to sit on and off the back and see if the valve mechanism is moving freely up and down.

Archived