Twin girls injured in suspected fox attack

Some already do, don't you watch the news.

And they get treated like the animals they are.

..I agree hels, but even if they did it for a laugh, it still doesn't justify human beings jumping on the let's party with a fox's carcass bandwagon.

Me and you agreeing on something boyfriday - better not make this a habit :hihi:

Do foxes think about what is a humane way of dispatching their prey? Perhaps they do. Have you ever had a chat with one? Do foxes eat their prey whilst their prey are alive?

I do not know enough about foxes to comment - but the difference between us and a fox is supposed to be something along the lines of we choose what is right or wrong whilst a fox just does what comes naturally to a fox.

Certainly have, having caught a few in a trap and let them know what i thought about them waking me up, before releasing them.

Have you ever seen a fox checking for a pulse?

..I agree hels, but even if they did it for a laugh, it still doesn't justify human beings jumping on the let's party with a fox's carcass bandwagon.

Another armchair expert :roll:

Your comments are nothing more than the League against cruel sports propaganda which shoes you know very little about the subject.

This is the same League against cruel sports who's own leaders left stating they had no interest in animal welfare while other hunt saboteurs, upon leaving the league actually joined hunts.

Certainly have, having caught a few in a trap and let them know what i thought about them waking me up, before releasing them.

Have you ever seen a fox checking for a pulse?

From what I have read Foxes kill by suffocation - biting down on the windpipe of their prey and depriving them of air until they are dead. Hardly eating their prey alive.

Course - my sources could be wrong. My cats used to love tormenting mice and spiders - evil cats.

The Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS) is the regulatory body for veterinary surgeons [...]

Telegraph: Hunting is best for fox welfare vet poll reveals

I can't remember if you referenced this last time, but i think i could only find 'Vets For Hunting' last time we talked, and they seem to have taken their website down. I can't find it. The Telegraph is referencing a poll of 1,000 vets; it is not a statement by RCVS.

To quote the Telegraph though:

On the option of a total ban, 55 per cent of those polled opposed the idea

So we have a very close poll in essence, at little under half supporting a total ban. Yet again, very far from your mass statement by RCVS.

so your claim that vets are all greedy and only care about money is completely untrue

I never said they were greedy, and i find it sad you put these words into my mouth. My girlfriend works in this industry and i have met some wonderful caring vets. It is an industry though. They are not the one unique voice on animal welfare. Their voice should of course be taken into consideration, but their ethos does not win above all others.

Another armchair expert :roll:
Armchair expert? I'm not claiming to be an expert on anything, however I'm entitled to hold an opinion on issues that affect the wild life of this country, just as you are.

Your comments are nothing more than the League against cruel sports propaganda which shoes you know very little about the subject.

Well I know even less about what the League Against Cruel Sports believe, so please don't devalue your own argument by attempting to marginalise my contributions in this way. If I claimed to support them you might have a point.

This is the same League against cruel sports who's own leaders left stating they had no interest in animal welfare while other hunt saboteurs, upon leaving the league actually joined hunts.

Well bully for him/her/them-I've no interest in the activities of this organisation.

From what I have read Foxes kill by suffocation - biting down on the windpipe of their prey and depriving them of air until they are dead. Hardly eating their prey alive.

Course - my sources could be wrong. My cats used to love tormenting mice and spiders - evil cats.

Here's a bit of history for you,

April 13, 1833

Singular Meal

A few days ago a ewe with lamb, belonging to Mr. Cook, of Broom, near Durham, having rolled on its back, and being unable to recover its feet, was attacked by a fox, which commenced devouring the poor animal about the hind quarters, and had actually eaten the flesh away as far as the loins, but being surprised, he suddenly made off.

The poor ewe was taken home, and shortly after lambed two fine lambs, which are at present in a thriving state, and it is thought the ewe will survive her injuries--Tyne Mercury

Here's a bit of history for you,

April 13, 1833

Singular Meal

A few days ago a ewe with lamb, belonging to Mr. Cook, of Broom, near Durham, having rolled on its back, and being unable to recover its feet, was attacked by a fox, which commenced devouring the poor animal about the hind quarters, and had actually eaten the flesh away as far as the loins, but being surprised, he suddenly made off.

The poor ewe was taken home, and shortly after lambed two fine lambs, which are at present in a thriving state, and it is thought the ewe will survive her injuries--Tyne Mercury

That certainly tells me that ALL foxes do this. Glad you pointed out the error of my way of thinking.

By your reckoning we should all be locked up in prisons as murderers because one man has gone out and murdered someone.

This is one account - and how many foxes are there that kill for food?

Sheesh!

Archived