Twin girls injured in suspected fox attack

I have hunted foxes and take no pleasure in killing a living animal. But it has to be done, their numbers need to be controlled and hunting with hounds is agreed by the national association of veterinary surgeons as the most humane method of dispatch. Your opinion is ill informed at best.

Deer in my area have to be killed to be kept under controll, I'm glad it's someone elses job as I couldn't do it.

I think what he is talking about was a survey where their members were split into "urban" and "rural" then did a survey about it.

Interestingly, while the rural vets were in favour (or rather, not in favour of a ban), I can't find a single source that says what the urban vets results were, even on pages that give a breakdown of the rural vets results.

..and of course, rural vets have an interest in maintaining an industry from which they will derive potential customers.

That certainly tells me that ALL foxes do this. Glad you pointed out the error of my way of thinking.

By your reckoning we should all be locked up in prisons as murderers because one man has gone out and murdered someone.

This is one account - and how many foxes are there that kill for food?

Sheesh!

Perhaps we can do it your way, and you can point us to where old foxy has gone out with a syringe full of painkiller.:rolleyes:

Perhaps we can do it your way, and you can point us to where old foxy has gone out with a syringe full of painkiller.:rolleyes:

You mean like those who get on their horses and have their hounds hunt down those foxes do? Again - I never knew fox hunters carried syringes full of pain killer.

You mean like those who get on their horses and have their hounds hunt down those foxes do? Again - I never knew fox hunters carried syringes full of pain killer.

So is it those who get on their horses that annoy you or is it the hounds, if its the hounds they are doing exactly what the fox does.

So is it those who get on their horses that annoy you or is it the hounds, if its the hounds they are doing exactly what the fox does.

The hounds don't exist in the wild, they were introduced to it by man.

If the dogs are out there and they come upon a fox and chase it and kill it then that's the way of things. For a mob of people to get on horses and take pleasure in running an animal into the ground knowing that it will be ripped to pieces just for the sport of it - that is wrong.

Archived