Twin girls injured in suspected fox attack

Squirrels attack humans more than foxes do.

In Knutsford, the town was terrorised by a single rampaging squirrel:

The people of Knutsford, Cheshire, were living in fear following numerous unprovoked attacks by the grey squirrel.

Its victims included a man who was attacked as he mowed the lawn and a woman who was bitten on the ankle as she walked along the street.

But the final straw came when the animal attacked two-year-old Kelsi Morley as she took a morning stroll with her mother.

The girl stopped to admire the squirrel before it pounced on her face and sank its teeth into her forehead.

Kelsi's mother, Karen Morley, had to pin the girl to the floor and pull the animal off her face. The youngster was left bleeding heavily from a deep gash.

The squirrel first ran into a house in the southern town of Passau, leapt from behind on a 70-year-old woman, and sank its teeth into her hand, a local police spokesman said Thursday.

With the squirrel still hanging from her hand, the woman ran onto the street in panic, where she managed to shake it off.

The animal then entered a building site and jumped on a construction worker, injuring him on the hand and arm, before he managed to fight it off with a measuring pole.

"After that, the squirrel went into the 72-year-old man's garden and massively attacked him on the arms, hand and thigh," the spokesman said. "Then he killed it with his crutch."

I've seen some ignorant claptrap on this forum in the years I've been on here but this takes the award. What's humane about being chased by dogs until you're exhausted and then ripped to pieces?
Hunting is the most natrual humane way and selects the week and old so the fittest survive same as nature intended:)

I said it many years ago when discussing fox hunter here.

One day (and that seems to have arrived) fox numbers will rise and a child will be attacked.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/10251349.stm

Not so cute and cuddly are they now. When a specific breed of dog attacks a child, the public are quick to call for them to be banned, and those found after such a ban are destroyed. What will the public now say about foxes?

I still think Foxes are nice animals!............... It's not the hunting part of Fox hunting that is wrong, It's the method by which it is done! 1 fox being chased by 10's of dogs & dozens of Toffs on horses until the fox is out of berth & torn into pieces by the dogs! Very wrong!!

When a dog attacks someone, it's totally different because dogs should be tame & trained not to bite people!

Anyway, who says Fox numbers are on the up??....... Maybe it's more due to the fact that the human population is constantly rising & we are building our homes in the Foxes territory, lets not forget that these are wild animals!

Hunting is the most natrual humane way and selects the week and old so the fittest survive same as nature intended:)

Haaaa, whats 'natural' about 12 silly t***s in hats chasing around on horses with a pack of dogs ripping a fox to shreds??!! Hunting this way is actually an ineffective form of pest control, only around 1 in 4 hunts results in a death of a fox.

Back to the story though - something doesnt add up with this, why would anyone leave a door open in London at night??!!

I have no trouble believing this is a genuine fox attack. The idea that this story has somehow been cooked up by the pro-hunt lobby is absurd. But as I posted earlier, you are more likely to be mauled by a squirrel than a fox. The probability of either is dwarfed by the probability of you being savaged by a dog.

I have no trouble believing this is a genuine fox attack. The idea that this story has somehow been cooked up by the pro-hunt lobby is absurd. But as I posted earlier, you are more likely to be mauled by a squirrel than a fox. The probability of either is dwarfed by the probability of you being savaged by a dog.

Regardless of whether it really is a Fox or not, when did something like this happen last?? I can't remember it ever happening before! It is just a tragic freak occurrence!

Archived