Twin girls injured in suspected fox attack

Daven I said the exact same thing to my nan and she said well we don't know the full story so I said no but she left door open and kids door open obviously unless the dog opened the door itself and let itself in the bedroom. Where were the stair gates and baby monitors????

Hiya all

I've just joined this forum because I have an interest in this particular story and have been 'googleing' the various forums to see other peoples comments and thoughts.

I have been involved with the care and welfare of wildlife in the midlands area for very many years and, when it was applicable, I was licensed by the DOE as a rehabilitation keeper.

When the news broke of this fox attack story I was instantly reminded of the Australian 'dingo attack' story from a few years ago.

All of the wildlife experts consulted on the various news programmes state that this fox attack is totaly unique, that even semi-tame foxes (and I have personally known 3) are reluctant to enter homes because doing so goes against their natural instinct and makes them feel trapped.

My concern is that the fox attack story could be being used as a means of protecting a family pet, not necessarily a dog that lives at the home, perhaps one owned by a visiting relative.

The blaming of a fox has caused not just local but nationwide fear on the part of parents of young children.

I appreciate that a fox has been caught in the garden but I believe that you would find that just about every urban garden in the country is visited by foxes.

My question is, has there been any irrefutable forensic evidence found proving that a fox was involved? There should be highly identifiable fox hair on the children's bedding and a unique, signature, bite pattern.

But is there going to be an in-depth investigation considering the police have already said they are not questioning the parent's story?

Still seems strange that the parent's left a clear path to their children's room; and that a fox went into an occupied house; along a corridor; up some stairs; into a room holding the children and so on ... One of those flukes of nature I suppose, but not enough to cause such apparent terror throughout the country.

I have emailed my question to the Hackney Police.

If I get a reply I'll post it.

I would imagine that, as with any serious personal injury, the bedroom would have been treated as a crime scene.

You would hope so wouldn't you?

Same thing I said in the first few pages - I do not believe this was a fox attack and I think further investigation is required.

Why is a further investigation required, when both the mum & the dad saw the fox in the room?!? The fox didn't even run away when the parents came into the room. A further investigation would be a waste of time & money!:loopy:

Archived