Twin girls injured in suspected fox attack

" A fox tried to aggressively re-enter the property" ??!! Thats bizarre. If that is really true then it must have been very poorly as that is not natural behaviour under normal circumstances.

Quite.

Davieboy - can you ask the police who was in their investigating team? Specifically, what qualifies them to know the difference between different animal attacks?

" A fox tried to aggressively re-enter the property" ??!! Thats bizarre. If that is really true then it must have been very poorly as that is not natural behaviour under normal circumstances.

Maybe the fox was in a gang? I wonder if it beat itself up on the way out?:suspect:

Maybe the fox was in a gang? I wonder if it beat itself up on the way out?:suspect:

Maybe it had been living on the contents used syringes and was addicted to Heroin.

On another note, aren't foxes supposed to act out of character when they infected with rabies? I'm surprised nobody's mentioned the R word yet.

I've just telephoned the police.

Unfortunately I only got the press office but they might get the investigation team to contact me.

I said that I did not in any way wish to cast aspertion and my heart felt sympathy goes to the children and their parents but we've all seen the tearfull plee's of the parents of missing childen on so many occasions when they themselves have been in some way responsible.

I also reitterated my concern that the story is causing widespread 'panic' by parents, a lot of it caused by fear of the unknown and the lack of information. In the midlands we are getting radio 'phone-ins about "are you worried about fox attacks" etc.

I was told that the officer who saw the fox enter the house took a photo of it on his mobile phone but she didn't know where it was.

I suggested that there is not enough evidence being given out by the media to establish the story as fact. It seems very much speculation and I suggested that she 'googled' the story where she would find dozens of forums talking about the event with the majority of contributors dissbelieving the theory and wanting to know more.

I asked about the preservation of the 'crime scene' and the collection of forensic evidence; she did not know.

So, watch this space......

I'm staggered that the police would reply to a random strangers email divulging the findings of their inquiry after only a few days.

Does seem peculiar, but maybe it depends what his real world job is?

The reply was from the press office and didn't really say a lot.

See my post above relating to my 'phone call to them.

Archived