Twin girls injured in suspected fox attack

there seems to be a lot of fox experts on this forum today who know what the correct behaviour is for aggressive foxes!...............Yawn.....zzzzzzzzzzzz

I don't profess to be an expert in fox behaviour but I have witnessed them on many occasions up at the farm including cub behaviour in groups- granted urban foxes may behave differently. But for a notoriously shy animal I find it incredibly hard to believe it was trying to aggressively re-enter the property whilst being watched by human beings!

My gut feeling is that there is more to this story than what is being released - maybe the family had been feeding the foxes in the garden thus encouraging them. I don't know really but it does seem strange that other wildlife experts have cast doubts upon whether it was really a fox or not. Even the bravest foxes that people encourage don't usually step more than a couple of feet into a house they are familiar with.

Maybe it had been living on the contents used syringes and was addicted to Heroin.

On another note, aren't foxes supposed to act out of character when they infected with rabies? I'm surprised nobody's mentioned the R word yet.

This did enter my head actually, animals with Rabies do act in the most unusual manner. Due to the intense pain the disease causes they can display uncontrolled excitement, violent movements and manic behaviour. Its certainly a possibility.

I don't profess to be an expert in fox behaviour but I have witnessed them on many occasions up at the farm including cub behaviour in groups- granted urban foxes may behave differently. But for a notoriously shy animal I find it incredibly hard to believe it was trying to aggressively re-enter the property whilst being watched by human beings!

My gut feeling is that there is more to this story than what is being released - maybe the family had been feeding the foxes in the garden thus encouraging them. I don't know really but it does seem strange that other wildlife experts have cast doubts upon whether it was really a fox or not. Even the bravest foxes that people encourage don't usually step more than a couple of feet into a house they are familiar with.

Quite. This story is a no brainer, rather like that of the feckless McCann's .

Either this 'fox' has been genetically modified or it was never a fox in the first place.

You hope which part is sarcastic...Mine or the police press office?:confused:

As if that is a real email rom the police!! Why would the police email a total stranger about an ongoing investigation! :loopy:

As if that is a real email rom the police!! Why would the police email a total stranger about an ongoing investigation! :loopy:

your right i dont think the police would be allowd to give info out just like that and i do still think the hole case is a bit doggie

The police were saying on the radio they have no reason to doubt the witnesses, i.e. the kid's parents, that it was a fox.

Not sure why you assume that the fox would have dissapeared as soon as the babies cried - hens make a hell of a racket when a fox is at them and rabbits scream loudly when being killed by foxes.

because they are not used to human crys and would have been startilled if it was a fox it would have done it by mistake

I've just telephoned the police.

Unfortunately I only got the press office but they might get the investigation team to contact me.

I said that I did not in any way wish to cast aspertion and my heart felt sympathy goes to the children and their parents but we've all seen the tearfull plee's of the parents of missing childen on so many occasions when they themselves have been in some way responsible.

I also reitterated my concern that the story is causing widespread 'panic' by parents, a lot of it caused by fear of the unknown and the lack of information. In the midlands we are getting radio 'phone-ins about "are you worried about fox attacks" etc.

I was told that the officer who saw the fox enter the house took a photo of it on his mobile phone but she didn't know where it was.

I suggested that there is not enough evidence being given out by the media to establish the story as fact. It seems very much speculation and I suggested that she 'googled' the story where she would find dozens of forums talking about the event with the majority of contributors dissbelieving the theory and wanting to know more.

I asked about the preservation of the 'crime scene' and the collection of forensic evidence; she did not know.

So, watch this space......

i dowt they would reveal any evidence to a stranger just wouldnt be right

I've just telephoned the police.

Unfortunately I only got the press office but they might get the investigation team to contact me.

I said that I did not in any way wish to cast aspertion and my heart felt sympathy goes to the children and their parents but we've all seen the tearfull plee's of the parents of missing childen on so many occasions when they themselves have been in some way responsible.

I also reitterated my concern that the story is causing widespread 'panic' by parents, a lot of it caused by fear of the unknown and the lack of information. In the midlands we are getting radio 'phone-ins about "are you worried about fox attacks" etc.

I was told that the officer who saw the fox enter the house took a photo of it on his mobile phone but she didn't know where it was.

I suggested that there is not enough evidence being given out by the media to establish the story as fact. It seems very much speculation and I suggested that she 'googled' the story where she would find dozens of forums talking about the event with the majority of contributors dissbelieving the theory and wanting to know more.

I asked about the preservation of the 'crime scene' and the collection of forensic evidence; she did not know.

So, watch this space......

I've just telephoned David cameron!

I asked him if he thought it was a fox that attacked the children, he said no, it was David Blunket's dog!

Then I texted the queen & she told me that it could have been one of her corgi's but it was really unnatural for a corgi to behave so aggressivly & therefore has also come to the conclusion that it was a fox.

Then I tried to call the police & ask them what they thought, but they said that this is an ongoing investigation & the parents of the children & the press would be updated & that they couldn't disclose such information to a complete stranger! :roll:

Archived