Twin girls injured in suspected fox attack

Just realised that I could post the email chain easily by copying and pasting the text.

So, with just personal details edited and bearing in mind that this forum engine automatically changes all the font to the same.... here it is......

----- Original Message -----

To: david@s********

Sent: Tuesday, June 08, 2010 1:54 PM

Subject: RE: fox attack

Dear Mr S*****,

Many thanks for your email. All the points you raise were considered by the investigating team and the conclusion is that these injuries are consistent with the accounts given by the witnesses. I would also point out that further to a fox being caught in the garden, whilst officers were attending the incident, a fox tried to aggressively re-enter the property.

Kind regards,

Collette D******

Colette D******

Media and Communications Manager

Hackney Borough Police

Crime in Hackney is at its lowest level for 10 years. For the latest information from Hackney Police, please go to: http://www.met.police.uk/hackney

( Phone: 020 7275 3102

2 Fax: 020 7275 3152

( Metphone: 53102

: E-mail: ********@met.police.uk

* Mail: Stoke Newington Police Station

33 Stoke Newington High Street

London

N16 8DS

MetSec Code - Not Protectively Marked

-----Original Message-----

Sent: 08 June 2010 09:35

To: Hackney Press - GD

Subject: fox attack

Good morning.

I am writing with regard to the claimed fox attack on the baby twins in your area.

I have been involved with the care and welfare of wildlife in the midlands area for very many years and, when it was applicable, I was licensed by the DOE as a rehabilitation keeper.

When the news broke of this fox attack story I was instantly reminded of the Australian 'dingo attack' story from a few years ago.

All of the wildlife experts consulted on the various news programmes state that this fox attack is unique, that even semi-tame foxes are reluctant to enter homes because doing so goes against their natural instinct and makes them feel trapped.

My concern is that the fox attack story could be being used as a means of protecting a family pet, not necessarily a dog that lives at the home, perhaps one owned by a visiting relative.

The blaming of a fox has caused not just local but nationwide fear on the part of parents of young children.

I appreciate that a fox has been caught in the garden but I believe that you would find that just about every urban garden in the country is visited by foxes.

My question is, has there been any irrefutable forensic evidence found proving that a fox was involved? There should be highly identifiable fox hair on the children's bedding and a unique bite pattern.

Regards.

David S*****

Disclaimer: This email and its attachments may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individuals to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of any organisation. If you are not the intended recipient of this email and its attachments, you must take no action based upon it/them, nor must you copy or show it/them to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am using the Free version of SPAMfighter.

We are a community of 7 million users fighting spam.

SPAMfighter has removed 58737 of my spam emails to date.

The Professional version does not have this message.

It is the policy of the MPS that:

MPS personnel (or agents working on behalf of the MPS) must not use

MPS systems to author, transmit or store documents such as electronic mail (e-mail) messages or attachments:

* containing racist, homophobic,transphobic,sexist, defamatory, offensive, illegal or

otherwise inappropriate material;

* containing material requiring a protective marking higher than

RESTRICTED, (and not higher than NOT PROTECTIVELY MARKED across

the internet) without the use of approved encryption;

* containing personal data for use other than in accordance with

the notification(s) under the Data Protection Act, 1998 of the

system(s) from which the data originates.

* This Email message has been scanned for viruses and contents.

@davieboy

"My concern is that the fox attack story could be being used as a means of protecting a family pet, not necessarily a dog that lives at the home, perhaps one owned by a visiting relative."

The parents of the children might be concerned that you appear to be accusing them of lying, both to the police and the medical staff treating the children's injuries.

Perhaps you might have more luck by approaching the tabloid press with your story.

• 2 weeks later...
Bonzo et al.

I'm a little saddened that you appear to think that I am making up emails from the police.

All I can suggest is that you email them your self.

I sent my original question email to:

hackneypolice@met.police.uk

That is the link given on their web site.

Check it out for yourself. http://cms.met.police.uk/met/boroughs/hackney/09contact_us/index

I was replied to from the email address:

HackneyPress-GD@met.police.uk

tel. 020 7275 3102 .

I would urge members of this forum to contact the police and perhaps then they would appreciate the strength of feeling about the claims.

Oh, and if you still require proof; PM me with your personal email address and I will forward you the actual email.

It was a fox <personal insult removed>.

You were there were you?? <personal insult removed>

Can you prove it? or are you just relying on info that has been spoonfead to you?

What reason do you have to believe anything other than that it was a fox?

Archived