Twin girls injured in suspected fox attack

Likewise - all sounds desperately "fishy" to me. In fact - I don't believe it for one minute. Far too many questions in my mind....

I was going to delete my post after until I googled a few reports but I didn’t bother as it seems all the reports say allegedly or apparently

This could be caused by a number of reasons, but the growing fox population on the boarders of towns will no doubt put pressure on the food chain, thus foxes become more aggressive and less afraid of humans.

If indeed the population is increasing in urban areas and the fox is becoming less afraid of humans, his new found confidence can effectively be dealt with by setting traps-no red coats, horns, horses or dogs necessary.

lol, you have to admire the Sun for it's creative writing techniques.

"The fox crept into their room as their parents watched telly.

The animal padded silently upstairs to where the girls were tucked up in bed and pounced on them."

So the fox was premeditated (if indeed it was the fox) in it's hunting of the children. :huh:

I agree they need to be controlled and are classed as vermin but just shoot them - the whole hunting notion is daft, pointless and verging on completely ridiculous.

No rifleman can guarantee to kill a fox, plus they are mainly nocturnal animals, which makes them even harder to hunt.

If a fox was shot, it may spend hours dying from blood loss or even from more painful infections caused by the wound.

You would be more open if you said, you wanted more painful and less effective methods of killing foxes because of your prejudices against those who ride horses in order to hunt them.

I have hunted foxes and take no pleasure in killing a living animal. But it has to be done, their numbers need to be controlled and hunting with hounds is agreed by the national association of veterinary surgeons as the most humane method of dispatch. Your opinion is ill informed at best.

I do not understand this 'most humane' claim or what it is based on.

A fox is chased by a pack of dogs and people on horseback. It is terrified and attempts to flee - until it is exausted and can run no more. At this point the dogs close in and rip the animal apart. How is that humane? How is it more humane than getting people who are trained in using a rifle to shoot the fox? Some may only cause injury - but are these claims of foxes running around with bullets in them backed up?

How do you know that being ripped apart by a pack of dogs is more humane than anything else?

lol, you have to admire the Sun for it's creative writing techniques.

"The fox crept into their room as their parents watched telly.

The animal padded silently upstairs to where the girls were tucked up in bed and pounced on them."

So the fox was premeditated (if indeed it was the fox) in it's hunting of the children. :huh:

Tapping into our childhood subconscious of the wily, cunning fox, who'll have one over on you given the chance-I'm surprised they didn't have a staged photo of a glum relative wearing a hooded cape ;)

If indeed the population is increasing in urban areas and the fox is becoming less afraid of humans, his new found confidence can effectively be dealt with by setting traps-no red coats, horns, horses or dogs necessary.

How does this deal with the route problem? The growing number of rural foxes?

Foxes in towns can be trapped and shot. I’ve seen it done, but rural foxes, which I think is the cause of this issue (my opinion) are not so easily trapped, in fact they are almost impossible to trap as they smell the human scent on the trap and stay away.

Urban foxes and dog-foxes are used to the smell of humans and so are easier to trap.

Man attacked by cow

Stingray killed Aussie

Hedgehog pricked human

Bat caused nervous person to wee

Maybe we should just kill every animal because they're soooo frightening and dangerous!

Not just any Aussie...that was Steve Irwin :(

Archived