Twin girls injured in suspected fox attack

I do not understand this 'most humane' claim or what it is based on.

A fox is chased by a pack of dogs and people on horseback. It is terrified and attempts to flee - until it is exausted and can run no more. At this point the dogs close in and rip the animal apart. How is that humane? How is it more humane than getting people who are trained in using a rifle to shoot the fox? Some may only cause injury - but are these claims of foxes running around with bullets in them backed up?

How do you know that being ripped apart by a pack of dogs is more humane than anything else?

Wonder what the rabbit or rat feel like when old foxy gets them,

Hang about foxy this is hardly humane, eating me whilst still alive is not on you know.:rolleyes:

This is the opinion of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons. The very people who deal with animal welfare across the country on a daily basis.

Vets are the not the voice of animal welfare, they are purely an animal industry. Their morals and ethics do not match with the animal rights groups, because they both have a different approach. For example, it is not unknown for a vet to put a healthy animal to sleep because he is paid to do so. It is a job.

I have pointed out to you before a reason why some vets would be for hunting; they get paid highly to deal with injured horses and dogs. One could argue they have a vested interest in the hunt.

Hang about foxy this is hardly humane, eating me whilst still alive is not on you know.:rolleyes:

So on that basis we're justified in behaving the same way as a wild animal?

Gutted I expect, probably put a right dampner on their day. But the foxy killed it for food - to eat, nom nom nom; that is the difference. And animals are very good at killing their prey very fast.

And when you find a fox that can elaborate on his/her views on the matter we can take that into account, but until then we have only the experts opinion, and that opinion is that hunting with hounds is the most humane method of dispatching a fox.

I think the expert opinion is divided, and neither is the 'expert' any better qualified to comment on the fox's execution preferences.

Do foxes think about what is a humane way of dispatching their prey? Perhaps they do. Have you ever had a chat with one? Do foxes eat their prey whilst their prey are alive?

I do not know enough about foxes to comment - but the difference between us and a fox is supposed to be something along the lines of we choose what is right or wrong whilst a fox just does what comes naturally to a fox.

Gutted I expect, probably put a right dampner on their day. But the foxy killed it for food - to eat, nom nom nom; that is the difference. And animals are very good at killing their prey very fast.

..I agree hels, but even if they did it for a laugh, it still doesn't justify human beings jumping on the let's party with a fox's carcass bandwagon.

Vets are the not the voice of animal welfare, they are purely an animal industry. Their morals and ethics do not match with the animal rights groups, because they both have a different approach. For example, it is not unknown for a vet to put a healthy animal to sleep because he is paid to do so. It is a job.

The Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS) is the regulatory body for veterinary surgeons in the United Kingdom and ensures that standards within the veterinary profession are maintained, safeguarding the health and welfare of animals and the interests of the public.

http://www.rcvs.org.uk/

I have pointed out to you before a reason why some vets would be for hunting; they get paid highly to deal with injured horses and dogs. One could argue they have a vested interest in the hunt.

And I presented the facts and figures to show the majority share of vets’ bills goes on the horses, which has not changed post hunting ban, so your claim that vets are all greedy and only care about money is completely untrue.

Archived