Citalopram anti-depressant

Anybody out there had any experience of taking Citalopram anti-depressant?

Does it work?

How long does it take to become effective?

You cant ask this as everyone is different, i was on it for a year and i was worse for it.... others are fine etc.. only you will find the answer.

i was on it for a few months but it pushed me into mania (i have bipolar affective dissorder)

its a ssri it works by increasing the seritonin level in the brain there for giving the 'happy' type effect thats lacking when depression is present, its one of the most popular anti-depressants and does work for more people than it doesn't if that makes sense

... its one of the most popular anti-depressants and does work for more people than it doesn't if that makes sense

It does, at least, seem to be much less prone to producing unwanted side-effects than many of the earlier-generation SSRI's.

However the above comment about individual reactions still holds true. Unfortunately, there's no way for a doctor to know which SSRI will best suit your own particular body, except trying a few different ones to see what works.

Anybody out there had any experience of taking Citalopram anti-depressant?

Does it work?

How long does it take to become effective?

if you use the search facility theres a thread on this subject already, quite a few pages & comments aswel if i remember correctly

It does, at least, seem to be much less prone to producing unwanted side-effects than many of the earlier-generation SSRI's.

However the above comment about individual reactions still holds true. Unfortunately, there's no way for a doctor to know which SSRI will best suit your own particular body, except trying a few different ones to see what works.

i found the best thing to do was keep a simple diary so any odd feelings or effects can be recorded to report back to the doctor as often when they ask if your having any effects the mind goes blank, or is that just me lol:roll:

ive been on all of them and none of them suit me (my pych doc loves me lol)

the only one that works for me is a new type out called venlafaxine its great as far as pushing away depression but the side effects are terrible :gag:

Archived