Cayton Bay Scarborough

We are thinking of going for a holiday , can anyone tell me anything about it ?.

Thank You

It's pretty good, there's a good surf school there, but it's a bit of a trek down the cliff to the beach.

i have a caravan at gristhorpe just down from cayton , if you want peace and quite you,ve got it or scarborough is 4 miles up the road for a bit of hustle and bustle get a few leaflets there is losds to do in a 20 mile radius of the place depending on your want (must admit if you want to see what its like when you die go to filey)

I went there for a week back in 2006 with wife and 5 kids and we all really enjoyed it. there was loads for the kids to do in the daytime and some good entertainment for all ages in the main complex at night. and its close to scarborough and whitby for days out. the pathway down to the beach is very steep but worth the effort as its a nice quiet beach.

The beach is lovely and secluded bit of a trek to it and even worse back up!:hihi:

Opposite the path for the beach is a road that runs to a little village,and my fave Cayton Village Caravan Park, very good little campsite.

there is a route along the top (off road) you can walk its 5 miles to scarborough and 7 miles to filey if my memory serves me well. the filey walkislonger but more senic!

I hope the highland cattle are still in the field at the crossroads we christened them Bert and Ernie, the love carrots!!!

Have a good stay!

and my fave Cayton Village Caravan Park, very good little campsite.

did you go to the star pub? lol weird as hell, i have photos .............there was decapitated teddys and dolls hung in trees in the beer garden and stuff........very strange

Archived