Does anybody know how much it costs to replace a birth certificate?

Do you need a full birth certificate to register your child at nursery or is a basic one ok? I have about a year yet but just would like to know as I only got a basic one at the time of her registration. I think £9 for either a full or basic is a bit much IMO.

thanks for that did u get it within the hour

http://www.sheffield.gov.uk/your-city-council/register-office/getting-copy-certificates

You will probably NOT get it within the hour for that price!

There is an express service which costs more, but does not seem to be advertised on the weblink, probably best off calling them..

To further add to the confusion, the downloadable PDF suggests it is £7, however I think they have merely failed to update that and the new price actually is £9.

I think £9 for either a full or basic is a bit much IMO.

Too much?? You do know someone has to write it by hand, trawl the archives to find the original etc? Sounds about right to me.

My nan needed her parent's one for a passport, they had to go into the archive and death files to find it as she needed their marriage cert and their death cert's (what they told her) and she got ordered it on a Friday and we went back the following Friday and it was ready.

Archived