Surname changing

just wondering if anyone can help, my daughter has a different surname to me as me and her mum had split up when she was born, we are back together now and really want her name changing.

Can any one guide me on how to go about this and costs ect ...:)

just wondering if anyone can help, my daughter has a different surname to me as me and her mum had split up when she was born, we are back together now and really want her name changing.

Can any one guide me on how to go about this and costs ect ...:)

You can call her whatever you want, except on her school reports, passport and hospital records she would still have to use the name on her birth certificate.

If you want to do this legally then it will be done by deed poll.

deed poll at magistrates court is £25.00

ive had mine done there. you will need a copy of her birth certificate. but it will always say her original surname on her birth certificate but legally she will be able to use your surname. Also it is only valid if both parts are there, they will staple the deed poll certificate to the birth certificate these two documents will in effect become one.

You can do it online by deed poll for £10 x

can i have a link to this info please? as i belive it needs to be signed, stamped and witnessed by a magistrate to make it legal it is a legal document after all, hence it needing to be done at the magistrates

Archived