Cameron.. Maggie in drag ??

That must be something else, the grant I'm on about is supposed to be invested for their future? You're not allowed to just fritter it away on necessities :)

That is the £250 that I'm talking about. It's a good way to start a savings account for your children, let it mature, top it up & then they can pay for themselves to go to Uni.

That £250 goes a long way! I'm expecting my 1st child in July & I hope they don't stop it.

If anything, they should stop throwing money at students! People used to go into further education to get qualifications, now they do it so they don't have to get a job!

I'm confused too. I thought the Child Trust Fund was a voucher which you invest in a bank account and the child (or the parents) cannot touch it until he/she is 18 years old?

Although I think you can get a £190 maternity grant.

Ah! You mean Gordon's 18th birthday party pish up fund election bribe?

:hihi::hihi: un?fortunately he was not in power long enough to reap the benefits

why do they need to be given a savings account? when they reach 18 it will be an irrelevant amount that will be put towards a great chavvy 18th bash or a holiday in ma-yorca

Archived