The Government has got the wrong idea!

It was reported in the Independent that the banks were bailed out to the tune of £180billion.A staggering ammount.

Bearing in mind that this government is in the process of reducing the debt by £60billion,it would be nice if the banks could chip in and help us all out.

They do chip in - they pay enormous amount of tax.

The banks are not responsible for the deficit - that is Gordon Clown's (sic) fault. His massive public spending in the good times and dreadful management of other areas of the economy are his and the last Labour lot's fault. Squarely.

The blame for the mess we are in lies firmly at the door of the latest in a long line of failed Labour governments .

Mr Cameron now has the task of somehow trying to sort out the complets shambles he inherited.

So ?...the job wasn't thrust upon him, he actively campaigned to replace Gordon Brown and his govt.

In five years time he could be as reviled as Maggie Thatcher but if he can't stand the heat he shouldn't be in the kitchen ;)

We didn't get into this mess together, as a country, thats the point of my rant!

The country voted Labour in knowing their record of spending money they don't have on crap that can't be sustained.

3 times I believe.

So ?...the job wasn't thrust upon him, he actively campaigned to replace Gordon Brown and his govt.

In five years time he could be as reviled as Maggie Thatcher but if he can't stand the heat he shouldn't be in the kitchen ;)

That's right he did campaign for the job he had no idea how bad it was going to be and now he's standing by his principles and anyone with principles is standing by him.

In five years time he could be as reviled/revered as Maggie Thatcher and we'll find out in due course he's getting a bad start but what he makes of it is yet to be decided.

The fault for all this lies squarely at the doors of the investment banks, whose greed led them to go looking for fresh markets that they could exploit, no matter how unsuitable and unsafe. They knew they were subprime but changed the rules and safeguards to suit as they went along, and sacked anyone who offered up objections, as long as they continued to get their massive bonuses they didn't care, (and still don't.)

I too object to being told this is 'my fault'

I have always lived within my means, have never been in debt, and know what I can afford. (The concept of saving up for something before you buy it seems to be long gone.)

That doesn't mean I necessarily blame borrowers either. Maybe they were under the impression that banks gave sound advice and wouldn't lend money to people who weren't in a position to pay it back. (I remember naively saying this to someone.)

It was reported in the Independent that the banks were bailed out to the tune of £180billion.A staggering ammount.

Bearing in mind that this government is in the process of reducing the debt by £60billion,it would be nice if the banks could chip in and help us all out.

And we got nothing for the money but i bet some Labour members got well greasy palms!

Best of all the banks took the money and invested it ABROAD!

Do you not use credit cards, bank loans, overdrafts and mortgages? Very few of us do not have some sort of credit these days, you can't blame the government and banks solely for the mess!

Then why aren't the people with credit cards, bank loans, overdrafts and mortgages being charged high interest rates as a penalty? Why must the prudent and the savers share in the bad medicine?

beats me why anyone can blame brown,he was not in charge of the crazy american investment bankers.cameron and clegg are not worried about making spending cuts they are very rich people.as always it will be the least who can afford that pays.if we are so poor why give 19mill.to the gaza region,20mill.for the popes visit.if lord ashcroft and his kind paid proper tax in this country instead of paying accountants to dodge paying we may get more revenue in.

beats me why anyone can blame brown,he was not in charge of the crazy american investment bankers.cameron and clegg are not worried about making spending cuts they are very rich people.as always it will be the least who can afford that pays.if we are so poor why give 19mill.to the gaza region,20mill.for the popes visit.if lord ashcroft and his kind paid proper tax in this country instead of paying accountants to dodge paying we may get more revenue in.

Double standards i'd say.

Lots of you are confusing government overspending with the banking crisis.

They are not the same. It's an easy mistake to make though - Gordon Brown and Alastair Darling spent years telling everyone that they were the same.

Archived