The Government has got the wrong idea!

1) yes

2) perspective. 50k handshake is about the daily income of those complaining.

3) remuneration for the job is not wasteful if it pays people enough that they don't feel the need to fiddle their expenses or sell their vote through taking funding like non job executive directorships

4) far better to invest in public sector like tax collectors that could investigate the finances and dodgy dealings of the tax avoiders in the "tax-payers alliance".

2) I don't like wasteful public spending, I want my tax contributions to be spent wisely, but I don't earn £50k per day.

3) Renumeration for a job is wasteful if the job itself is wasteful.

4) I agree, that may be a good use of taxpayers money if it were to pay for itself in extra taxes retreived.

Then why are the people with credit cards, bank loans, overdrafts and mortgages being charged high interest rates as a penalty? Why must the prudent and the savers share in the bad medicine?

My mortgage interest rates are the lowest they've ever been right now, I always pay off my credit card on time and I couldn't get any lower rate on my car loan. I guess you have to shop around and only take credit when you really have to. I agree savers are suffering and it's not right, but then very few save these days either.

You have a grasp on history and economics very similar to those who were just voted out.

Government overspending and the banking crisis are not the same thing.

Maybe if you understood economics I could take these comments seriously. But you don't. So I won't.

Is anyone else getting fed up of hearing Cameron & Cleggnut telling us that we are all in this together & that we all have to pull together to get the country out of debt?!

Only the MP's themselves & the high risk investment bankers are to blame for the mess that the UK is in! The majority of us go to work every day & pay our (already inflated) taxes!

Your not fooling me into thinking that I owe you any favours Mr Cameron!!

When Cameron says we are all in this together he doesn't include himself. As well as being a millionnaire he is getting his seventy thousand MPs salary and a further one hundred and fifty thousand PM salary. Paid for by us.

On the News quiz last week it was revealed that the Camerons didn't like the kitchen in no 10 so they have had a completely new one put in. I wonder who paid for this. Thats right it was you and me. We are paying out of our poverty to make the rich richer.

I predict a riot...

When Cameron says we are all in this together he doesn't include himself. As well as being a millionnaire he is getting his seventy thousand MPs salary and a further one hundred and fifty thousand PM salary. Paid for by us.

On the News quiz last week it was revealed that the Camerons didn't like the kitchen in no 10 so they have had a completely new one put in. I wonder who paid for this. Thats right it was you and me. We are paying out of our poverty to make the rich richer.

I predict a riot...

Shouldn't MPs and the Prime Minister be paid a wage? :loopy:

Didn't know that I was...

I predict a riot...

Sorry I must have interpreted wrong, sounded like you were critiscising the PM just for getting a wage befitting of the job.

He paid for the kitchen btw.

Isnt it all really a combination of several different factors, the global banking crisis, the Labour Governments inability to regulate the banks and what people need to admit is that as an adult we are all responsible for ourselves.

When we fancy a new car or a new 3 piece suite and go to get one but without any money, we are taking a product that we may not necessarily be able to afford, before we have earnt that money.

Things happen in life which we are unable to predict. Ill health, redundancy, change in family circumstances. All of these can affect our ability to earn a decent wage and eventually pay off the debt.

I agree that the financial institutions have a lot to answer for when it comes to selling products to people who cant necessarily afford them, but we too have equal responsibility to say NO to something that we know that we cannot guarantee we can pay back.

Many of us would like a new car, a big house and beautiful furniture to match, but if we aint got the cash, then it cant be splashed can it.???

Archived