An idea to repay the countrys debt!

Here is an idea that will save the UK billions every year......Legalise ALL drugs!

The drugs trade in the UK is worth about £5bn a year. The government spends about £1.5bn a year of tax payers money on the "war against drugs".:loopy: That doesn't include the money spent on fighting drug related crime, which costs the tax payer over £4bn a year!

If the countrys drugs are imported by the government they could be sold & taxed at such a low price that the major dealers would not be able to compete at all. In Amsterdam, the cannabis trade has more or less groung to a halt as coffe shop owners are growing and selling there own, legally.

The "war on drugs" has already been lost anyway, I know for a fact that I could get my hands on any kind of drug, whenever I want to (not that I do).

It's just a thought, but I think it may work!:D

We should scrap the arm forces in this time and age no one will invade other countries with UN in place, we will clear our debt in no time, and all the people in the army can work in factories and start doing something worthworth in their life for a change

We should scrap the arm forces in this time and age no one will invade other countries with UN in place, we will clear our debt in no time, and all the people in the army can work in factories and start doing something worthworth in their life for a change
Possibly a little optimistic? For a start where would the UN get the its soldiers from? hmm?:suspect: Then where would all the factory jobs come from for the redundant soldiers? There's hundreds of thousands of unemployed as it is? Can we have some sort of rational plan for this brave new world of your envisioning?

And I will take issue with your final comment, that's a disgraceful thing to say about our servicemen and women. :mad:

we can start paying then £1 an hour like they are worth and our export will be more competitive, we should make crappy toys and see it to pound land, why you people think you are better then the indian/pakistani, Chinese etc etc welcome to the real world in 5 years time

we can start paying then £1 an hour like they are worth and our export will be more competitive, we should make crappy toys and see it to pound land, why you people think you are better then the indian/pakistani, Chinese etc etc welcome to the real world in 5 years time
Sorry, not with you :confused: We're all 'you people' and we're all paid the minimum wage here, or more and it's not a pound.

If you want to start a factory making crappy toys and sell them to Poundland, why not? But you'll still have to pay the going rate ... :huh:

Archived