Old engineering tools

hi..i was just wondering if anyone knows anything about some old tools i have found out. i have a set of brenson vernier calipers, ken6. and have several micrometers M & W 1965 model 1" and several others, and some starret ones not sure on age. all of them are not bad condition and are all readable but do have slight rust.

many thanks

hi..i was just wondering if anyone knows anything about some old tools i have found out. i have a set of brenson vernier calipers, ken6. and have several micrometers M & W 1965 model 1" and several others, and some starret ones not sure on age. all of them are not bad condition and are all readable but do have slight rust.

many thanks

Moore & Wright used to be excellent tools but sadly standards have dropped and they sell a hell of a lot of rubbish now. I have a fantastic Moore & Wright engineers square set and a lovely combination set...I'll never sell them.

• 1 year later...
Moore & Wright used to be excellent tools but sadly standards have dropped and they sell a hell of a lot of rubbish now. I have a fantastic Moore & Wright engineers square set and a lovely combination set...I'll never sell them.

I too have a m&W combination set complete with the small trannels all in a M&W wooden box which is getting warped now but still does the job Iv been having a clear out of my stuff as I hardly get in the workshop now due to health issues but certain things like this I dont know how to price because a couple of years ago I had a new M&W 1-2 mic and it was no better than the jap crap you can buy from anywhere now days. The steel used back then was a whole different quality and composition was it not..

Os

yawn lol

Archived