Nerve tests and elbow surgery

Hi, Peaches, my wife has just had nerve tests and surgery at the elbow, over to the wife to tell you,

the nerve tests was having electodes put on various parts of the hand,wrist and upper arm to deter how bad things were,surgery was decided on..it took a little over 2 hours from going down to theatre to coming back.I was asleep the whole time as surgery was to last about 30/45 minutes..I had 20 stitches in wound,which was to stay in for 2 weeks.to which i am still recovering as i only had my stitches removed last week. The surgery was to rectify the Ulnar nerve..my symptoms were numbness and pins and needles in the little and ring fingers and lack of grip. My surgeon was very helpful as he answered all my questions...

I'm having the tests for the same thing, problems with the Ulnar nerve. I broke my elbow a year ago and since then have experienced numbness in little finger and one next to it, reduced power and grip in the hand.

Has it worked, can she feel the finger again? I appreciate the reply from your wife, I hope she is all back to normal soon :)

I'm having the tests for the same thing, problems with the Ulnar nerve. I broke my elbow a year ago and since then have experienced numbness in little finger and one next to it, reduced power and grip in the hand.

Has it worked, can she feel the finger again? I appreciate the reply from your wife, I hope she is all back to normal soon :)

Hi Peaches,

wife will reply to you shortly, which hospital are you attending and who is your consultant ?.

hi,its seems to have worked, my grip is back and at the moment i would say the numbness is 99% cleared.If i use my hand too much it aches so i have to rest it.I only had it done 3 weeks today.The scar is healing nicely just got to take it easy for the inside to heal which could take a while,hope this helps....

I'm under DRI, Mr Tadross

Hi Peaches,

My wife was at Royal Hallamshire, the consultant was Mr T Elias, nothing was too much trouble for him, he explained all the procedure in full detail as to what the operation involved, where the incision would be, how big cut would be, how long the op would take etc. The wife has been to our G.P. this morning and was told it is usually a 6 to 8 week recovery period with this type of op, but they are happy with her progress.

Archived