Scargill still on the take living in plush London apartment

The ex-miners I know think he deserves every penny for being someone that stood up for them when the Govt. declared war on their communities.

And a lot I know wouldn't widdle in his mouth if his gums were on fire.

It all smacks of back handers from the sweat of the workers.

Payments understood to run into tens of thousands of pounds a year

[...]

So the avid Marxist is happily living off his old union. How very noble of him.

What are renting prices like in London? £200 per week = £10400 for the year. Can he get a mansion for 200 per week in London? If he is still working for the union in some way, via his political party, then maybe he has a right in his pension for the flat.

Mineworkers' union still funding Scargill's London flat

The National Union of Mineworkers (NUM) is to debate its
continued funding for a London flat for former president Arthur Scargill, who retired in 2002
. Payments understood to run into
tens of thousands of pounds a year
have been made for rent and running costs on the apartment in the Barbican since 1982.

A motion calling for an investigation into the allowances is to go before the NUM conference later this month. Mr Scargill said the union had agreed to make the payments until his death.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/south_yorkshire/10252397.stm

So the avid Marxist is happily living off his old union. How very noble of him.

old arthur...still on the make...while he led all the miners down the river...

No, just that the very man who led the Sheffield miners to their destruction is living the life if riley in a home paid for by members contributions 8 years after he retired. I wonder what the families of the miners who lost their jobs and some their lives feel about his fortunate circumstances.

Maybe if Scargill had not used Sheffield as his weapon against the democratically elected government of the day to try and force his political opinions area and nation, Sheffield may be a very different place today.

If i remember right,miners got very very generous reduncancies,very few people before or after have been so fortunate.

Scargill was a pillock back in the strike and a a pillock now.

He had his nice house and food on the table while the ordinary miners had nothing so he could chase his political ambitions.

It would have been far better if he had died of something painful and nasty before 1983.

Seems the house is for life. Lets hope they only have to pay until this July.

What are renting prices like in London? £200 per week = £10400 for the year. Can he get a mansion for 200 per week in London? If he is still working for the union in some way, via his political party, then maybe he has a right in his pension for the flat.

Plural my friend, not singular. I have seen the apartments in the Barbican and they are very nice, not to mention one the most central residential locations in London.

Mineworkers' union still funding Scargill's London flat

The National Union of Mineworkers (NUM) is to debate its continued funding for a London flat

[...] rent and running costs on the apartment in the Barbican since 1982.

Do they breed over night?

Archived