Scargill still on the take living in plush London apartment

Did Scargill write the Ridley plan?? hmm thought not.

The ex-miners I know think he deserves every penny for being someone that stood up for them when the Govt. declared war on their communities.

I'm guessing you're too young to remember the miner's strike, but most people now acknowledge that the destruction of the mining industry was down to Scargill and his union using the strike as an attempt to bring down a democratically-elected government.

Did Scargill write the Ridley plan?? hmm thought not.

The ex-miners I know think he deserves every penny for being someone that stood up for them when the Govt. declared war on their communities.

Well no doubt all these ex miners are still paying union dues and will be flooding this thread to tell us howe they can think of no better use for their dole money.

I think you have the wrong end of the stick.

Payments understood to run into tens of thousands of pounds a year

[...]

So the avid Marxist is happily living off his old union. How very noble of him.

Note the "s".

What are renting prices like in London? £200 per week = £10400 for the year. Can he get a mansion for 200 per week in London? If he is still working for the union in some way, via his political party, then maybe he has a right in his pension for the flat.

Plural as in Ten"S" of thousands of pounds, not ten thousand.

Plural my friend, not singular. I have seen the apartments in the Barbican and they are very nice, not to mention one the most central residential locations in London.

None the less your calculations are nothing more than picking a number at random. You do not know how much Scargill’s apartment is costing. All we know is the union has stated it costs them tens of thousands of pounds. This puts the cost an anything between £20,000 and £99,000 pa.

This puts the cost an anything between £20,000 and £99,000 pa.

You are correct, i was being a little distortive and giving a base rate. I doubt £200 would stretch very far in the centre of London. He had it from a time when the NUM was based in London aswell, so i guess he would have to argue why he needs it now. I shall reserve judgement on the matter until we know a little more.

You are correct, i was being a little distortive and giving a base rate. I doubt £200 would stretch very far in the centre of London. He had it from a time when the NUM was based in London aswell, so i guess he would have to argue why he needs it now. I shall reserve judgement on the matter until we know a little more.

Nothing new there. Didn't Sheffield "loony" Council pay for the old Water Board building to be used by Scargill. The one next to the City Hall that is now a Wetherspoons.

• 2 months later...

Archived