The rumours get ever sillier..

I was told - in all good faith and by a close friend - today that, for the duration of the World Cup, it will be illegal to wear an England shirt in the street, and anyone doing so will be arrested.

I was amazed that my friend was gullible enough to believe this; I thought I knew him better than that. Still, I thought it worth mentioning as probably the silliest "everyone's out to get the English" piece of rubbish that I've heard for some time. Has anyone else come across it yet? And if so, how successful were your attempts to squash it?

The "England shirts banned from pubs" story did at least have a vague grain of truth behind it. Some pubs do ban football shirts, and since the England shirt is a football shirt, it will be banned from those pubs. As will Brazil shirts, Sao Tome and Principe shirts and any others you care to name. But this .... the mind boggles. It really does.

You think that's bad? I've just heard that being English in England is to be banned during the whole of the World cup.

Damn those rumours.

id rather ban english people from playing for england int he world cup...we might have a chance then :suspect::help:

I'm sorry, but it IS true that England shirts have been banned.

I went out yesterday in an England shirt and was fined £25000 by some police officers dressed as Muslims. They both had name badges saying "PC" on them so I assume they were the political correctness police.

So would all Daily Mail readers/the kind of people who believe this stuff please make a donation to my account at Nationwide. Let's make a stand against the PC brigade!

It's called:

Millhouses24 drinking and shopping fund conned out of gullible fools defence fund.

Thank you.

Nobody would find the "silly rumors" believable in the slightest if they did not suspect that our culture was under attack. Look at the wider implications of what people are prepared to believe, they tell a truth.

They tell a truth that for donkeys years the Tory press (usually the Daily Mail) has been telling porkies about what the government had apparantly "banned".

How come I've seen more England flags and shirts in the last 10 years than in the 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's put together?

Archived