The rumours get ever sillier..

White British people are sadly becoming the world's leading poor-me-I'm-such-a-victim-everyone-else-is-to-blame-for-any-failings-in-my-personal-life exponents. We've become such an infantile society, it really is pathetic.

White British people are sadly becoming the world's leading poor-me-I'm-such-a-victim-everyone-else-is-to-blame-for-any-failings-in-my-personal-life exponents. We've become such an infantile society, it really is pathetic.

Speak for yourself.

Speak for yourself.

Yes, a very mature response.

Our history will be what we make it. And if there are any historians about fifty or a hundred years from now, and there should be preserved the kinescopes for one week of all three networks, they will there find recorded in black and white, or color, evidence of decadence, escapism and insulation from the realities of the world in which we live. We are currently wealthy, fat, comfortable and complacent. We have currently a built-in allergy to unpleasant or disturbing information. Our mass media reflect this. But unless we get up off our fat surpluses and recognize that television in the main is being used to distract, delude, amuse and insulate us, then television and those who finance it, those who look at it and those who work at it, may see a totally different picture too late.
- Goodnight and Good Luck

That's us isn't it?

Half of 15-19 year old girls cite Abi Titmuss as a role model, 33% cite Jordan.

A staggering 63% of girls would rather be glamour models than nurses, doctors or teachers, according to the survey by mobile entertainment providers http://www.thelab.tv.
http://menmedia.co.uk/news/s/161/161338_naked_ambition_rubs_off_on_teen_girls.html

Most-viewed TV shows of 2009?

1. Britain's Got Talent

2. X Factor

3. EastEnders

4. Coronation Street

5. Dancing on Ice

6. I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here

We can't have local fireworks displays any more because people are not mature enough to take responsibility for themselves and will sue organisers if they get hurt.

2 best-selling newspapers in the UK? The News of the World and The Sun.

Yes, a very mature response.

- Goodnight and Good Luck

That's us isn't it?

Half of 15-19 year old girls cite Abi Titmuss as a role model, 33% cite Jordan. http://menmedia.co.uk/news/s/161/161338_naked_ambition_rubs_off_on_teen_girls.html

Most-viewed TV shows of 2009?

1. Britain's Got Talent

2. X Factor

3. EastEnders

4. Coronation Street

5. Dancing on Ice

6. I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here

We can't have local fireworks displays any more because people are not mature enough to take responsibility for themselves and will sue organisers if they get hurt.

2 best-selling newspapers in the UK? The News of the World and The Sun.

I agree, much of that is the dregs of the media driven celebrity obsessed culture. I think there is so much more to our society, it is a shame that this crap is unfortunately the most visable. I do not take it though as an indictment on our society or the sum of our culture.

Expect a reprisal of the rumours, after a court has ordered a pub to remove a painted England flag from the outside of their building.

The problem is that the pub is in a listed building, and they didn't ask for consent. However, the court has allowed them to keep the flag until after the world cup.

http://www.thepublican.com/story.asp?sectioncode=7&storycode=67206&c=1

For the hard thinking,i'll explain. School Proms have become increasingly commonplace in Britain. They are a very recent american cultural import. My school didn't have a school prom, my daughter's school will. In the space of a generation we've 'acquired' a piece of american culture. Prom is just one example of the displacement of british culture by american culture. There are plenty of things i like about american culture, and i'm sure my kids will enjoy their proms, but i was using the example of proms to illustrate how our culture is actually threatened, compared to how many people think it is threatened.

I don't know 'proms' whatever next? another useless Americanism. Why can't they just have a good old end of term disco / pi$$ up for gawd's sake like we did?:rolleyes::mad:

So speaks someone who seems to have been stuck in the charts,you never heard of Jimmy Lea then ?

Hmmm.... a bit cheeky from someone whose signatures include links to not one but two ancient Divine songs! :gag:

Anyway, back on topic, I've heard a rumour that if England win the World Cup then Cameron will declare a new public bank holiday to celebrate - but this won't apply to Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland. Could this really be true? :suspect:

There is a rumour going round that Sheffield council are going to repair all the potholes in sheffield in the next 20 years .

This is indeed silly season

They could fill them with the discarded England flags when we get knocked out in the quarter finals.

Oh sorry - the flags will have been confiscated and ritually burned by Politically Correct Gay Muslim Police.

Archived