The rumours get ever sillier..

That's really quite hilarious, but there's some truth in what Genuflect says above, you have to admit. English people now seem prepared to believe any story, however farfetched, because there's a perception about that other cultures are favoured above ours. :suspect:

Sad but true, I get these sort of tall tales repeated to me everyday nearly. :help:

Nobody would find the "silly rumors" believable in the slightest if they did not suspect that our culture was under attack. Look at the wider implications of what people are prepared to believe, they tell a truth.

The only truth they tell is that those who do believe such things are not very bright.

That's really quite hilarious, but there's some truth in what Genuflect says above, you have to admit. English people now seem prepared to believe any story, however farfetched, because there's a perception about that other cultures are favoured above ours. :suspect:

Sad but true, I get these sort of tall tales repeated to me everyday nearly. :help:

as has said its all cos theyre gullible idiots that dont use reason or even think, just because they percieve something DOES NOT MAKE IT TRUE (and making up lies to back it up DOES NOT MAKE IT TRUE)

Guest sibon
You obviously know them all.:hihi:

You do have to be of a certain "type" to believe rumours like this, without checking them out for yourself.

as has said its all cos theyre gullible idiots that dont use reason or even think, just because they percieve something DOES NOT MAKE IT TRUE (and making up lies to back it up DOES NOT MAKE IT TRUE)
Don't shoot the messenger! You live in a little tourist backwater obviously inhabited entirely by sophisticated people like yourself, who never believe an urban myth, but not everyone is that fortunate.

and stop SHOUTING at people!

Like it or not, rumours that would have been laughed at 30 years ago are now believed by some. Society has, unfortunately in my view, changed. I feel that a new fundamentalist movement is about to be born. Appeasement will not be an option.

Of course appeasement will not be an option ... nobody wants appeasing about anything. That's the whole point; it's just a lot of silly rumours designed to stir up "anti-foreigners" feeling, none of which have ever had the slightest foundation in reality.

Of course appeasement will not be an option ... nobody wants appeasing about anything. That's the whole point; it's just a lot of silly rumours designed to stir up "anti-foreigners" feeling, none of which have ever had the slightest foundation in reality.

If you say so dear!....soz....just a quote from a bird I think I may sort of know!;)

Don't shoot the messenger! You live in a little tourist backwater obviously inhabited entirely by sophisticated people like yourself, who never believe an urban myth, but not everyone is that fortunate.

and stop SHOUTING at people!

nope, theres a fair share of racist idiots around here too, i wasnt shooting any messenger as it wasnt aimed at you (sweetie...............errrrrrrrm runs and hides) and I WASNT bloody shouting, its to make important bits stick out :)

on a side note, i caught a bus today i dont normally catch and it veers off down skinningrove (was featured on britains roughest villages on tv lol) i was quite amazed at the amount of flags outside houses there, every row had generally 3 or 4 houses with flags out rather than the usual none or 1...maybe 2 i normally see about

Archived