The rumours get ever sillier..

Ang on I live in S5 as does the person that I know who HAS been asked to take them down so your supposition is incorrect.
So you'll know then that every other house in S5 has an england flag.

That being the case out of all those houses and all those people only 2 have been asked to remove them. Is it then fair to say that because 2 people have been asked(not told, asked you said) that all england flags have been banned?

Or is fair to say that if these people are telling the truth that england flags haven't been banned and there just may have been another reason that they and only they have been asked when the rest of S5 is free to fly their flags?

Which is more likely?

So you'll know then that every other house in S5 has an england flag.

That being the case out of all those houses and all those people only 2 have been asked to remove them. Is it then fair to say that because 2 people have been asked(not told, asked you said) that all england flags have been banned?

Or is fair to say that if these people are telling the truth that england flags haven't been banned and there just may have been another reason that they and only they have been asked when the rest of S5 is free to fly their flags?

Which is more likely?

I am not saying they have been banned and never have.

Read anything I have put up about it, I have always said that they were asked to take them down as some people find them offencive.

Well if thats the case since they asked round our way it has gotton a bloody site more offencive than what it was so they would have been better off sticking to the law and not having an oppinion on it one side or the other. Once that uniforms on they should stick to their legal requirments as public servants.

If that is the case (of which I cant vouch) then it still will have happened would it not ?

Bleedin ell, I'm only trying to give some credence to this crap story your sister and friend have made up or dreamt up after one too many Barcadi Breezers!

If 2 Asian coppers really did say 'take your flag down, it's racist' I can only imagine they did so with a wink and in the spirit of banter that Sheffielders are renowned for.

I've been on the receiving end of many a joke with white bobbies about the stereotypical behaviour of blacks, it isn't what was said, it's the way they said it so it didn't cause offence and we all have a laugh.

I am not saying they have been banned and never have.

Read anything I have put up about it, I have always said that they were asked to take them down as some people find them offencive.

Well if thats the case since they asked round our way it has gotton a bloody site more offencive than what it was so they would have been better off sticking to the law and not having an oppinion on it one side or the other. Once that uniforms on they should stick to their legal requirments as public servants.

For god's sake, stop winding up the do gooders with your little porkies. It was funny to start with but the joke's passed its sell by date. :hihi:

Bleedin ell, I'm only trying to give some credence to this crap story your sister and friend have made up or dreamt up after one too many Barcadi Breezers!

If 2 Asian coppers really did say 'take your flag down, it's racist' I can only imagine they did so with a wink and in the spirit of banter that Sheffielders are renowned for.

I've been on the receiving end of many a joke with white bobbies about the stereotypical behaviour of blacks, it isn't what was said, it's the way they said it so it didn't cause offence and we all have a laugh.

Your Assuming its made up.

Saying its not true does not make it so, much like I say Im going to win the lottory every week :(

Two problems:

i) It's not offensive.

ii) the police have no power to ask people to take down their flags unless the way they're being displayed is breaking the law-there is no law prohibiting the display of England flags.

Presumably these bobbies aren't invisible, a simple complaint to the Chief Constable should identify who was on duty at that time in that area, I guess the Asians won't be difficult to find.

Your Assuming its made up.

Saying its not true does not make it so, much like I say Im going to win the lottory every week :(

It's absolutely made up, any police officer zealously asking people to remove their England flags because they're 'offensive', places him/herself in a difficult position, since it's a subject most police forces are very sensitive and defensive about right now because of all the false rumours.

For god's sake, stop winding up the do gooders with your little porkies. It was funny to start with but the joke's passed its sell by date. :hihi:

Oh god, was he joking? I've nearly drowned in my own spittle :(

Two problems:

i) It's not offensive.

ii) the police have no power to ask people to take down their flags unless the way they're being displayed is breaking the law-there is no law prohibiting the display of England flags.

Presumably these bobbies aren't invisible, a simple complaint to the Chief Constable should identify who was on duty at that time in that area, I guess the Asians won't be difficult to find.

Totally agree.

I also agree that it would be nice to get a first hand account rarther than alligations. The problem is its not happening on a huge scale, its here and there and that person would have to be using sheffield forum rarther than facebook.

even if its being done as a joke it shouldnt be, and if its happening then their commanding officers should have words about it. Im guessing that with the rumours alone the police sargents ect will have had it stopped already at this stage.

Alas if it wasnt true.

Im not out to convince you, I will leave the topic alone until I get my own knock and then Ill be back like 10 men :D

Archived