Domestic violence during the world cup

It's that bad that they actually have to give out warnings on the radio??

What's wrong with some men that their puny, neanderthal brains can't deal with things in a civilised way. Something doesn't go exactly how they wanted it to, so they get drunk and go beat their wife? It makes me furious.

Then there's the men who don't even need the alcohol to make them feel like He-Man; they'll just start throwning their fists around anyway. Nothing like a beating a defenceless woman to make you feel superior.

Maybe we should ban beer and football... or maybe just ban testosterone?

I know there isn't really a solution to it but it just makes me sick.

I've just seen the ad on the news ... shame they chose such a stereotypical image of a 'football fan' though. As if domestic violence starts and ends with the World Cup. I can't really see the point of it, was that the whole thing? Or are there going to be ongoing ads with advice about what to do about it?

Maybe chaining them to a radiator before the game starts and not allowing any booze for the duration? :D

Maybe you or one of the other neighbours could report him? I know its a dilemma because reporting it may cause problems, but what if the violence escalated one day and she ended up really badly hurt or even killed? Maybe she needs some help, somebody to speak out for her.

There`s a bloke near us who is prone to beating his wife up after a skinful. I dare say she`ll be on edge during the world cup. If she won`t report him though what can you do?

A lot of victims of DV would rather just take what they're getting now, as they're already used to it, rather than risk doing anything that will probably make matters worse for them. A lot of women dearly love their violent partners, but just hate that side of them. Unless you're going to make a clean break, reporting them is usually just a catalyst for even more intense beatings.

It's very sad that any person has to put up with being degraded and bullied by another person who supposedly loves them.

Theoretically, every woman would say that if their man was ever violent, they would leave, but its hard to know what you would actually do in that situation.

It's that bad that they actually have to give out warnings on the radio??

What's wrong with some men that their puny, neanderthal brains can't deal with things in a civilised way. Something doesn't go exactly how they wanted it to, so they get drunk and go beat their wife? It makes me furious.

Then there's the men who don't even need the alcohol to make them feel like He-Man; they'll just start throwning their fists around anyway. Nothing like a beating a defenceless woman to make you feel superior.

Maybe we should ban beer and football... or maybe just ban testosterone?

I know there isn't really a solution to it but it just makes me sick.

Some men will use any excuse including a silly game of 22 grown men kicking a dead cow across a field for 90 minutes as an excuse to kick the crap out their property partner.

Morons!!!

It's very sad that any person has to put up with being degraded and bullied by another person who supposedly loves them.

Theoretically, every woman would say that if their man was ever violent, they would leave, but its hard to know what you would actually do in that situation.

I've known people who were adamant that if a man ever laid a finger on them, they'd never see them again, who'd deride women who stayed with violent partners... then, when it happened to them, they'd find every reason under the sun to excuse it and justify staying. It just goes to show that you can't judge or label victims of DV until you've been there.

my dad used to beat my mum severly when he came home drunk, the sound of every punch landing and the memory of getting up in the morning and seeing her face every other day will stay with me forever. she has even had reconstructive surgery on her face before because he got so "carried away" that he broke her cheek bone, jaw bone, nose and sumthing happened to her her socket cant remember what now though.

I could never understand why she stayed and put up with it but as ive gotten older i understand that the silly woman thought she was doing the right thing by her children and didnt realize we could hear everything :huh:

however when we were older he had calmed down a bit and when we had moved out he tried it again one night when he was drunk and angry but this time my mum must have had enough cos she defended herself and rammed him into the wall :o and he ended up knocked out on the floor and she phoned the police and he was charged, she pressed charges too and he ended up being prosecuted and got a suspended sentence and probation, he never tried to hit her again though! :o

anyway back to the topic i cant say im suprised that there is an increase to domestic violence during the world cup and the reasons of why the men think its ok varies and the same with why women put up with it. i personally think a lot of the abusers and the victims mental and/or emotional health has a lot to do with why they stay and why they do it.

Archived