Domestic violence during the world cup

Children who witness aggressive behaviour and domestic violence might grow up thinking that it is normal and acceptable, and so the cycle continues.

i think i have been lucky there, i have grown up with strong belief that NO ONE has the right to hit me like this EVER! i will not tolerate it at all and i will either give em a bloody good smack back or phone the police!

i don't even agree when my partners tone of voice is insulting, domineering or aggressive i will mention it and tell him he is NOT to talk to me like that ever.

i can see why some children would go the other way though which is what happened with me and my sister she thinks its ok to let me treat her like a punch bag!

Children who witness aggressive behaviour and domestic violence might grow up thinking that it is normal and acceptable, and so the cycle continues.

Not all of those who were abused or witnessed abuse as a child then become abusers.

Not all of those who were abused or witnessed abuse as a child then become abusers.

She didnt say all.

See the bold.

No but they might become vulnerable to abuse as they feel it is the normal way that relationships work. If you dont have a strong healthy model of a relationship to look up to when you're a child you might struggle with your own relationships in later life.

I've just seen the ad on the news ... shame they chose such a stereotypical image of a 'football fan' though.

Have to agree with that, I'm sure bespectacled, chartered accountants are just as likely or unlikely to be wife beaters as anyone else.

As far as I'm concerned, any Man who hits a woman is a coward. But flip that on it's head, any Woman who hits a Man is equally the same.

My Ex used to attack me, including kneeing me in an area that shouldn't be knee'd. I never hit her, the only thing I could do was restrain her and try to calm her down. I once went to leave the house, opened the door and she dramatically fell to the floor saying I had hit her with the door...Another time she hit herself so hard with a playstation controller and gave herself a black eye, she threatened to tell people that I had done it.

Some women are crazy.

Have to agree with that, I'm sure bespectacled, chartered accountants are just as likely or unlikely to be wife beaters as anyone else.

The last time I went to a chartered accountants convention I thought it was a little over the top when the police got the horses out and local residents boarded their houses up. Talk about OTT. :hihi:

I've not seen the ad, however, I agree - domestic violence cuts across all social classes. Does the ad focus purely on physical abuse?

Archived