Dont forget. Men are sometimes Victims of Domestic Violence too

mik - if she beats you and your kids know and hate her for it why are you still there? I mean didn't you say in another thread you were in love with her best friend?

Surely you should just pack your things, you don't love her, your kids don't like how she treats you and they have pity for you because you allow it. Maybe it's just me but I think kids are happier when their parents are happy and by allowing this to continue you are teaching them that this is acceptable behaviour in a realtionship.

That best friend thread wasnt a seriouse one and i did leave her. This isnt something that happened recently. Its about a year ago that it all ended.

And are you wondering how many of the male recipients of violence are reacting to being beaten by their female partner?

I'm not sure of your point as I was replying to a specific point being made.

That best friend thread wasnt a seriouse one and i did leave her. This isnt something that happened recently. Its about a year ago that it all ended.

You started that thread (and many more) as serious as this one...don't get defensive if you're caught with your trousers round your ankles. You made your bed, at least have the decency to lie in it.

You started that thread (and many more) as serious as this one...don't get defensive if you're caught with your trousers round your ankles. You made your bed, at least have the decency to lie in it.

Im not being defensive.

Nice try but ill say the same i did before.

Read the first post

Take it or leave it.

And if you insist on wanting to argue then send me a pm.

Well unless I misunderstood, the implication of your post is that women use weapons more because they have to defend themselves - do you assume the same when you hear of a man committing domestic violence?

Because that is the problem a lot of men have when trying to report it - the authorities and others just assume that it can't be bad and/or serious because it is woman on man. The assumption that if a woman does it it is probably because of the man isn't helpful.

Yes you misunderstood.

"Recent american studies show that there is actually more female on male domestic violence then male on female, but that as rubydazzler says the level of violence tends to be lower (though not always of course). It also said however that women tended to use weapons more often".

My reply was in relation to your statement. If there was a study (and I'm not denying there wasn't) it would be interesting to see the relation of women using the weapon as a means of defence rather than a means of attack. It's all very well saying women use weapons but at least give something a little more concrete than "a study says so."

Im not being defensive.

Nice try but ill say the same i did before.

Read the first post

Take it or leave it.

And if you insist on wanting to argue then send me a pm.

It wasn't an argument, it was a statement of fact.

"Reading the 1st post" says nothing. You could just as easily say that about all your posts. :rolleyes:

But i dont.

Now if you dont mind.

Back to the topic?

Never left the topic, and as always it's about you.

You don't get it do you, you are a proven liar (not just once) and you expect everyone to come running babbling their eyes out for you. You take very serious topics and manipulate them to your own agenda. Is it really that difficult for you to realise that people do take these issues seriously but at the same time not take the issue and YOU as one seriously?

Ok, I'll calm down:hihi:. I just hate liars. (I'm sure there must be a link or study which shows liars and abusers as closely related).

Never left the topic, and as always it's about you.

You don't get it do you, you are a proven liar (not just once) and you expect everyone to come running babbling their eyes out for you. You take very serious topics and manipulate them to your own agenda. Is it really that difficult for you to realise that people do take these issues seriously but at the same time not take the issue and YOU as one seriously?

Ok, I'll calm down:hihi:. I just hate liars. (I'm sure there must be a link or study which shows liars and abusers as closely related).

Finnished now?

Got it all out of your system?

Good.

Thought id save anyone else the time of starting a thread about how men are also victims of domestic violence( http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=594609 )

Now i realise ive got a few peoples backs up on here with my occasional bit of trolling but this is 100% genuine and deadly serious.

Ive been the victim of repeated domestic violence. Ive lost 4 teeth, got a broken nose and suffer regular pain in my happy place from all the times ive been kicked or puncned there and quite a bit more in terms of physical and emotional scars. My point is at no time did i think about leaving her as i thought it was the best for the kids to have two parents and not one.

Now that was a massive mistake as because of my actions my kids now know their dad used to be beat up by their mum.

They hate their mum and pity their dad.

So, if anyone has a partner who thinks its ok to hit or hurt you.

LEAVE!!!!

Or you could grow a pair and fight back!!

Archived