Dont forget. Men are sometimes Victims of Domestic Violence too

Fight back in what way?

I take it you mean violence. If you do then what would that solve?

Be a man, knock her down a few levels and send her back to the kitchen, remember to use a good padlock on the chain this time!!

Be a man, knock her down a few levels and send her back to the kitchen, remember to use a good padlock on the chain this time!!

This is no joking matter. You may find it amusing to make flippant and glib remarks about domestic violence, however, I find it to be in very poor taste, as I'm sure many others do.

This is no joking matter. You may find it amusing to make flippant and glib remarks about domestic violence, however, I find it to be in very poor taste, as I'm sure many others do.

Look at previous posts by the OP, this whole thread is a wind up just like the others he posts.

My response is directley to the OP and not anyone else, hence the response, and is not meant to be taken seriousley.

Look at previous posts by the OP, this whole thread is a wind up just like the others he posts.

My response is directley to the OP and not anyone else, hence the response, and is not meant to be taken seriousley.

Does not really matter about other posts. This topic is relevant for many men out there who do suffer either physical or mental abuse at the hands of their partners and perhaps feel uncomfortable about talking about it for fear of ridicule.

Topic - not poster - is what is important, surely?

Does not really matter about other posts. This topic is relevant for many men out there who do suffer either physical or mental abuse at the hands of their partners and perhaps feel uncomfortable about talking about it for fear of ridicule.

Topic - not poster - is what is important, surely?

Agreed.

There are men (and women) suffering in silence, this thread, whether seriosuly intended or not) may help them to realise that they are not alone.

I was reading in the paper a few weeks ago that rates of domestic violence are rising. To me it seems incredible in these supposedly enlightenend times that more people are having to put up with this.

Based on figures from previous recessions, such crimes are more common when people lose their jobs and finances are tight. Those who have studied this say that those who are predisposed to this kind of behaviour are more likely to engage in it if they lose their jobs.

For the benefit of those who are interested I've found this link below which makes thought provoking reading.

http://runninginheels.co.uk/articles/domestic-violence/

As I have pointed out in the other thread, its domestic ABUSE purely because when you say violence people assume its a physical a thing. Domestic abuse occurs in many ways such as physical, mental, financial and sexual abuse. Yes women tend to be the main victims but we can't forget the men being the victims as well as children. Even though some women still find it hard to acknowledge that they are victms, men also find it hard to accept. Even those in the LGBT community are victims of domestic abuse.

Archived