Dont forget. Men are sometimes Victims of Domestic Violence too

Some posters may want to destroy this thread by dredging up other posts by the OP, but it is a serious topic and deserving of discussion.

I know there are several members of the forum who suffer abuse in one way or another and some who perhaps fear posting about this but can see they are not alone.

As an outsider looking in, it is difficult to know what to do in these situations. The person being abused is the one who needs make the decisions, and all an onlooker can do is try to be as supportive as possible. It's not much, and has left me feeling pretty useless, but at least it is something.

You are so wrong on so many levels.

Correct, it is serious. Sometimes deadly.

When I was a kid I was beaten so badly by my father and sexually abused by my uncle, it's left me scared for life.

Only kidding.I have a sense of humour me and non of you can see it.

See the ease at which I can cheapen something?

Just to keep you up to speed, this thread is not about domestic violence, it's about a particular poster with the added dimension of domestic violence. A poster by the way who thinks his thread is more important than another "abuse" thread.

If you feel the thread has been tainted by posters pointing out the validity of the OP then you are so within your rights to start a clean thread based on abuse. Or report the said abusers.

Mikmouse is a victim, always will be a victim. His mentality screams..I'm a victim. The reality is, more likely those around him are.

You are so wrong on so many levels.

Correct, it is serious. Sometimes deadly.

When I was a kid I was beaten so badly by my father and sexually abused by my uncle, it's left me scared for life.

Only kidding.I have a sense of humour me and non of you can see it.

See the ease at which I can cheapen something?

Just to keep you up to speed, this thread is not about domestic violence, it's about a particular poster with the added dimension of domestic violence. A poster by the way who thinks his thread is more important than another "abuse" thread.

If you feel the thread has been tainted by posters pointing out the validity of the OP then you are so within your rights to start a clean thread based on abuse. Or report the said abusers.

Mikmouse is a victim, always will be a victim. His mentality screams..I'm a victim. The reality is, more likely those around him are.

That's very true. Though I wouldn't say mikmouse is a victim... I think he is what is commonly known as a fantasist.

Sorry for both skinz and shaz112 but I respond to this thread based upon the topic and not upon the poster.

If, by some terrible miracle, Adolf Hitler came on and posted a thread about abuse in relationships, would the topic be dissed just because we know what an absolute (insert string of expletives of your choice here) he was?

This topic is about something that does happen - the abuse of men by women.

Sorry for both skinz and shaz112 but I respond to this thread based upon the topic and not upon the poster.

If, by some terrible miracle, Adolf Hitler came on and posted a thread about abuse in relationships, would the topic be dissed just because we know what an absolute (insert string of expletives of your choice here) he was?

Ignore the claims of the OP (given his track record) - as you say, there is still a discussion to be had. There may be some men reading this feeling that they're not alone. Let's face it, how many men would feel comfortable discussing the fact that they're being abused with their mates?

That's very true. Though I wouldn't say mikmouse is a victim... I think he is what is commonly known as a fantasist.

Your entitled to your opinion and now youve had it do you want to let everyone else discuss the thread and NOT me?

You will never appreciate how funny your post actually was.....:loopy:

You will never appreciate how funny your post actually was.....:loopy:

Probably not as humour tends to be objective to some and subjective to others - I'll let you figure that one out.

I had forgotten most of what was in the OP to be honest - just that it was about men suffering abuse. Must reread yet again. It's me old age. ;)

Archived