Urban foxes, cull or a risk worth taking?

It is time for an urban fox cull?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. It is time for an urban fox cull?

• Yes
    • No

We have foxes and badger that come to be fed at night. The foxes will take pork pie from your fingers. On the other hand our neighbours have a couple of dogs that would rip your leg off as soon as look at you.

We need to get these things into perspective and see which poses the gereatest danger. I have never heard of foxes attacking humans out of doors, and it isn't exactly the work of Einstein to keep them out there.

Nature as a habit of readdressing the balance,

Something humans should be aware of but mostly are not!

Man did not weave the web of life, he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself.

I blame the parents not the fox.

A cull is not the answer...it would be the perfect knee-jerk reaction beloved of the dim.

There were five of us talking about this yesterday and four of us have been bitten by dogs and I was the only one who has ever seen a fox in Sheffield. Surely we would have to cull dogs first.

Crumbs, there was a Vixen and three cubs in my garden last night, and I don't really live out in the sticks. :confused:

Something humans should be aware of but mostly are not!

Man did not weave the web of life, he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself.

I blame the parents not the fox.

A cull is not the answer...it would be the perfect knee-jerk reaction beloved of the dim.

Explain? :confused:

Just read an interesting article in The Guardian.....

"For every exceptional incident of a fox attacking a child, we should recall another statistic: in 2008/9, 5,221 people, including 1,250 children, were treated in hospital in England after being mauled by man's best friend, the dog."

With the recent fox attack on babies in their cot there is a call for having a widespread cull of urban foxes.

Do foxes belong in towns? Should they be culled?

Of course foxes belong in towns!, it's called adapting to your enviroment many creatures have done this including us in the past though we prefer it the other way round these days.

There is no point in culling foxes they will find thier own level they probably already have.

Archived