12% of inmates in UK jails are Muslim, but they are only 1.5% of population

Why, don't poor muslims go to school?

They go to the same the schools and have the same influences as poor white kids, and poor black ones.

What the headline figure doesn't demonstrate is the risk of offending and offending rates amongst these groups is very similar.

No, I dont think he is, not in the sense you mean.

What I think Noddy means is the way that early Pakis and Jamacans behaved.

Good decent men, grateful to come here.

Not with an outsize chip on their shoulder, as these younger lads have.

If you said the word **** to one of these younger lads with a big outsize chip on their shoulder they would be very upset.

The word **** is a derogatory term used by ingnorant racists so please only use it when you are on the racist sites you visit.

Maybe they're under performing because of the long hours they work in their parents corner shops.

You're more likely to find the ones 'working in their parents corner shop' being well motivated and well educated.

No, I'm not saying that, if I were the offending rate for Muslims would be the same throughout all the socio-economic groups.

But that is not addrssing the issue of the dissproportianate amount of muslims in our prisons.

Making excuses only masks the truth which is that 12% of inmates in UK jails are Muslim, but they are only 1.5% of popula

Maybe they're under performing because of the long hours they work in their parents corner shops.

No you misunderstand! Sorry i'll word it better i can see how it could be misconstrued! I meant the schools are deemed to be under performing. I was think of Abbeydale Grange that has been closed hasn't it?

But that is not addrssing the issue of the dissproportianate amount of muslims in our prisons.

Making excuses only masks the truth which is that 12% of inmates in UK jails are Muslim, but they are only 1.5% of popula

You're regurgitating the figures without understanding them Bassman. Muslims are over represented amongst the groups where offending is a significant problem.

Forgive the shorthand, but let's say of all the Muslims in the UK, 40% are in poverty, compared to 20% of the indigenous population. If poverty is regarded as a causal factor in terms of offending, then obviously those people who live in poverty will be at risk of committing crime more than people in the higher groups.

You only have to look at the threads on here concerning crime and certain areas have a reputation for it, and they tend to be areas that are associated with poverty and poor education, irrespective of the race or religion of the people that live in them.

Archived