12% of inmates in UK jails are Muslim, but they are only 1.5% of population

If you asked me why there was a dis-proportionate number of poor, ill educated young black or young white males in prison compared to the general population, I'd state the same reasoning-you must have noticed that white teenagers from the Manor and black ones from Burngreave get into trouble more often than those from Ranmoor and Fulwood? (no disrespect to the people from Burngreave and Manor btw)
It's down to lack of discipline at home and in school these days.

The Manor and Burngreave were there when I was growing up it certainly was a different place then compared to today, when I joined the army one of our Company Sergeant Majors used to live a few doors from me, he came from one of the roughest families in the district, he went on to become a commissioned officer there were several more like him in our regiment (which recruited from South Yorkshire) who I'd known from school and TA.

It's a poor excuse blaming something or someone else for your bad behavour, to do so just shows what plokers people who do so are.

Do you have of this or is it just in your imagination? If there were as many of these crackpots about there would be incidents going on, on a daily / weekly

basis!:rolleyes:

Are you aware just how many plots have been foiled? far more than you'll ever know.

Are you aware just how many plots have been foiled? far more than you'll ever know.

I'm aware of several since the London bombings, If there were as many as you allege don't you think it odd that none have been successful. Where have you got your info from?

It's not an excuse, nor am I suggesting it's one, but there are invariably reasons for the way people behave-poverty and poor education are two of the reasons that affect the risk of offending, and they apply to non Muslims as well as Muslims, who happen to be over represented in the poorer social groups.

If you asked me why there was a dis-proportionate number of poor, ill educated young black or young white males in prison compared to the general population, I'd state the same reasoning-you must have noticed that white teenagers from the Manor and black ones from Burngreave get into trouble more often than those from Ranmoor and Fulwood? (no disrespect to the people from Burngreave and Manor btw)

At last, someone has confronted the elephant in the room......

Maybe, just maybe crime/poverty is a classed consideration.

Surely you would agree that the "muslim" criminal has the ability to romanticise his criminality as "jihad" and this leads to entrenching his criminality?

I don't think anyone would try and justify shoplifting as a religious war.

Surely you would agree that the "muslim" criminal has the ability to romanticise his criminality as "jihad" and this leads to entrenching his criminality?

This is an excellent idea for for some surreal comedy sketch...

I don't think anyone would try and justify shoplifting as a religious war.

...not unless you were icon76 or a comedian. :hihi:

Archived