12% of inmates in UK jails are Muslim, but they are only 1.5% of population

It's down to lack of discipline at home and in school these days.

The Manor and Burngreave were there when I was growing up it certainly was a different place then compared to today, when I joined the army one of our Company Sergeant Majors used to live a few doors from me, he came from one of the roughest families in the district, he went on to become a commissioned officer there were several more like him in our regiment (which recruited from South Yorkshire) who I'd known from school and TA.

It's a poor excuse blaming something or someone else for your bad behavour, to do so just shows what plokers people who do so are.

Offering reasons doesn't excuse bad behaviour, after all you've offered a reason above, however the main causal factors that affect crime are poverty and poor education, they may well manifest as a lack of discipline at home and the problems that creates.

Incidentally, I don't know when you were growing up, but the crime rate amongst people in poverty will still have been higher than those who weren't.

Surely you would agree that the "muslim" criminal has the ability to romanticise his criminality as "jihad" and this leads to entrenching his criminality?

He may well do if it gives him credibility with his mates for stealing a tin of hairspray from Poundland..but frankly he'll probably still look a fool!

Surely you would agree that the "muslim" criminal has the ability to romanticise his criminality as "jihad" and this leads to entrenching his criminality?

I think that someone who is desperately hard of thinking might, but I strongly suspect that even they would have difficulty with that one, icon.

I don't think anyone would try and justify shoplifting as a religious war.

As Bulgarian said...

Many Muslims who came to the uk came from villages to industrial cities and towns and had poor literacy, under acheivement is a factor especially in the north of england and the midlands. Other communites such as the Somali community came as refugees and again have a high rate of under acheivement. The Turkish and Kurdish communities are criminal by nature same as the bulgarians jamaicans ect.

How very dare you.

Are you aware just how many plots have been foiled? far more than you'll ever know.

So we're led to believe, I'm dubious as to whether there are others outside of the high profile ones (Richard Reid, Glasgow airport attack, Heathrow, 2006 transatlantic aircraft plot etc). The government just want us to believe that their counter-terrorism strategies are actually working and that all the civil liberties that have been eroded in the so called War on Terror, have not been in vain.

So we're led to believe, I'm dubious as to whether there are others outside of the high profile ones (Richard Reid, Glasgow airport attack, Heathrow, 2006 transatlantic aircraft plot etc). The government just want us to believe that their counter-terrorism strategies are actually working and that all the civil liberties that have been eroded in the so called War on Terror, have not been in vain.

Well they seem to take it serious,

" We now have more than 3000 police officers dedicated to countering terrorism accross England and Wales, with more in Scotland and Northern Ireland "

http://www.londonprepared.gov.uk/downloads/news/contest-leaflet.pdf

Well of course - they could hardly scaremonger then not put extra police onto it, or people might realise how much they are being deliberately frightened to allow the government (where government means "whichever party is in government") to do things there would normally be an outcry over.

Ahh. so they have 3000 police officers doing naff all just so the government can scare us :hihi:

Archived