12% of inmates in UK jails are Muslim, but they are only 1.5% of population

You think they wouldn't do that?

But anyway, the good thing about it being terrorist related is that if anyone asks what they are doing, is they can say "they have foiled a number of plots over the past x amount of time, but we can't give you any details because of national security" which is where this part of the discussion started ;)

If some idiot is determined to take his own life in a terror attack then the Government has equal chance of stopping it as the Samaritans have of talking the guy out of it. It's all a PR stunt to keep us placated.

If some idiot is determined to take his own life in a terror attack then the Government has equal chance of stopping it as the Samaritans have of talking the guy out of it. It's all a PR stunt to keep us placated.
I can't remember the exact numbers but it was given out last how many plots the security forces had foiled, it ran into hundreds.

It's a pity that we can't divide this country into two so that you anarchy/terrorist supporters can live in the mire/mess that would be created in your half. I wonder how long before you'd be coming oalong with the begging bowl.

Some would say there are about 150,000 of 'em doing naff all day-in, day-out! (other than harassing motorists of course).
Yes and we all know what the some element would be.

I wonder which of your terrorist/anarchist friends you'd be running to if you daughter got raped or your kid mugged, surely you wouldn't be two faced and go to the police.

I can't remember the exact numbers but it was given out last how many plots the security forces had foiled, it ran into hundreds.

I think that's extremely unlikely, if foiled terrorist plots ran into hundreds, then there would have been many successful ones since the last one, 3 years ago at Glasgow airport.

The police have all on detecting crimes that have been committed, let alone acts of terrorism that haven't.

It's a pity that we can't divide this country into two so that you anarchy/terrorist supporters can live in the mire/mess that would be created in your half. I wonder how long before you'd be coming oalong with the begging bowl.

Once again my friend you quote my post but what you reply has nothing to do with the quote. It seems you are only interested in what you have to say rather than read anyone else's contribution, that is not debating but silly trouble making.

I have no interest in your scenarios as they seem out of touch with reality, sorry I don't feed trolls.

Sorry to be pedantic, but the Samaritans are not there to talk anyone out of suicide, they are there to listen. Their ethos is caller focussed and is underpinned by a belief in 'caller determination', ie if someone is determined to take their life, they will ask them if they wish to call the emergency services and if not, the Samaritan will remain on the phone, if the caller so wishes, whilst they die.

Well of course that's the official line, after all they need to try and justify their presence in Afghanistan as well convince us all that the attempts which were 'foiled' at the last minute, such as people were ramming car bombs into terminal buildings, being caught with liquid bomb assembly packs or some guy with a fuse sticking out of his shoe is pounced on by some vigilant passengers on a 'plane, were exceptional and had somehow slipped through the net.

Sorry to be pedantic, but the Samaritans are not there to talk anyone out of suicide, they are there to listen. Their ethos is caller focussed and is underpinned by a belief in 'caller determination', ie if someone is determined to take their life, they will ask them if they wish to call the emergency services and if not, the Samaritan will remain on the phone, if the caller so wishes, whilst they die.
EXACTLY!! The point I was making was just that, the authorities have just as much chance of stopping someone taking their own life as the Samaritan have to stop a terror attack. Thus making the claims of hundreds of foiled attacks a bit exaggerated twaddle.

EXACTLY!! The point I was making was just that, the authorities have just as much chance of stopping someone taking their own life as the Samaritan have to stop a terror attack. Thus making the claims of hundreds of foiled attacks a bit exaggerated twaddle.

I just wanted to clarify that point. I don't believe for one moment that 100s of terror attacks have been thwarted, a handful possibly, but 100s? It's all propaganda.

WMD anybody?

Archived